Friday, October 23, 2020

Friday

 Last night.  Where do I start?  

I went to bed very early.  Woke up at 7 PM when his "debate" alarm went off.  He decided to sleep through it.  I went back to sleep.  I woke up at 1 and stayed up for about an hour, went back to sleep around 3 (just not tired!).  

I woke up at 4 and did Ron's medication.  Back to bed for a couple of hours and up again around 8.  

Things I don't talk about, nothing I consider "bad" as I went into marriage with very clear expectations of what I would need to do one day.  That day came today, it comes now and then, goes away, comes back.  I am OK with that.  Ron was distraught and kept talking about a nursing home.  I told him that was not happening.  Got him settled.  

I did my workout.  Intervals on the exercise bike.  I pulled something in my left foot last week so I am going easy on the walking.  Bike is OK though.  I tend to overdo working out and get injured, so I want to be smart.  

Ron wanted to listen to a song on my cellphone while I worked.  I gave it to him and it started skipping, he had his hand on touch screen and had done something with my calendar?!  I was Not Happy and gave him hell.  

I did manage to fix it.  I took my shower.  I did my Bible study readings, Ron woke up and I apologized. 

Pretty uneventful I did pray in the laundry room, it worked pretty well.  I had the washer running.  I took a nap, woke up with sudden heavy gust of wind.  

I was worried about the exterior blind, they just hang down and can bang against the house/window.  I was worried about Ron's window so I ran out there and rolled it up.  I did get it in time but at one point I was standing outside in this severe weather fighting with the blind to keep it from shattering the window. 

Was it smart?  No.  When the yard guy accidentally broke the sliding glass door that only cost us $300, and this was a much smaller window.  But I reacted.  Happily I am fine.  I am just going to leave it rolled up until next spring.  

Then we lost power, all the gusty winds took out some power lines.  Now the power lines in the neighborhood are underground. But the lines leading up to the neighborhood are above ground, and occasionally fall in big storms.  

Oddly enough we didn't get a lot of rain just big "outflow" winds.  So we got to "enjoy" no power for a few hours until it came back.  It is back now.  

I will check the mail in an hour, I am hoping my packages came early.  The Amazon "birthday gift from Mom and Dad" did arrive, some nice pillow covers and a tablecloth.  

So we'll see.  That's it for now.  

No comments: