Sunday, October 18, 2020

Saturday and some of Sunday

 I got up and took care of everything, and decided I would run out to Dollar Tree.  

I had a gift card.  I took a Uber.  I gave the driver a Bible promise book and we talked about faith.  He thought I was a very humble person.  

I hope so.  I really do.  If you see something good in me that is God working, my flesh (self) is corrupt, selfish, and weak and boy do I know that.  But God in me can do amazing things.  

I got some dinner for us and talked over.  There is a Hobby Lobby on the way and the lure of the yarn department sucked me in.  I went in and found some chunky weight heather acrylic yarn that is very similar to what I am using in my poncho project and it is "I Love This Chunky" which is a very good brand.  When I was on a knitting board years ago everyone loved "I love this yarn" which is the brand name.  It is very silky to work with and long lasting.  

I am sitting pretty near an afghan I made with Red Heart acrylic 20+ years ago so that's another good brand.  But they didn't have any Red Heart.  I figure I can use this yarn for binding everything together.  It will be between 4-6 pieces (depending) and I will need to join them.  I can use this,for that, and it is a complementary color.  

And this is the great thing about proper medication; I only bought the one ball.  I had to stand in line forever but I didn't mind.  

Then off to, what?  Where's Dollar Tree?  There is green carpet in an empty unit which DT had but no store?  Nothing on the door, either.  What?  

I was later told the DT had moved one shopping center down, across a busy street.  But I didn't know that.  All I did know it wasn't in that strip mall.  There was a Big Lots, I guessed, never been a big fan of big lots.  I decided to go to the 99 Cent store nearby, it involved a bit of a walk but I was OK with that.  

I found some nice stuff, disposable bowls and plates, tea, and some very nice lemon scented soap.  I knew it was good because I could smell it through my mask.  I got 2 of them.  I checked out (another long line) and took a Uber home.  I put everything away and worked on organizing some cabinets.  

I took care of Ron, did some laundry (Torbie had thrown up in my bed) and called my parents.  They were very happy I gave them the money and that, basically, they are a priority line item on the budget. They didn't twitch when I told them what I needed so I had NO problem paying them back.  After all, I had enough money to get my workout clothes, a jacket for Ron, tea/soap/vitamin order from Swanson, etc.  Don't have much left after that but I was able to get it.  And if I can get luxury items I can certainly pay them.  

I haven't missed a payment.  I was "almost" late one month on the 19th but that is it.  Due date is the 20th.  

I did explain I will be paying sales tax which is over $400 so not to expect a birthday gift.  I will write her a nice email though. 

I slept pretty well but I did have a nightmare about work.  I will actually be glad to get in there tomorrow. 

Ron was cute this morning at pill time. He said he wanted a cuddle today, in my bed, I said OK. He asked me when so I told him a time.  He is happy now.  I thought that was endearing.  I just need to move some pillows so he can get in there OK (my mattress is fairly low to the ground and easy for him to access). Plenty of room for the wheelchair in my room as well.  

When he got up he wanted to do a couple of things, he wanted to do an online debit thing.  Did that.  He wanted a radio that plugs into the wall.  I had bookmarked one I thought he might like and he said it sounded good.  I think he is mainly concerned it have a 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack and an A/C power cord.  He also wanted another small radio that runs on batteries.  We did that.  

He is careful with his money so I don't see a problem with that, considering how much enjoyment he gets out of his radio.  

I am listening to some praise music which is nice.  I plan to do some intervals on the exercise bike.  I did some research and basically any heart rate between 100 and 140 is good.  

I got my cute workout clothes yesterday and I really like them.  I may put more on my Christmas list.  I think my family would be very happy to help support me exercising regularly.  

Torbie is laying on Ron all stretched out, and "correcting" him with a claw when he stops petting her.  It is very cute.  

That's it for now. 

No comments: