Wednesday, October 7, 2020

I did it all today

 I got up, did my Bible study (will pray later when fresh), took my shower, took care of Ron, etc.  

I called Jack and went to work.  I had some Coke on my cart so I went ahead and stocked it.  I did some knitting for a while and remembered the bottled vendor, got to work on that and stocked a whole mag-liner (a lot) of bottled soda and water.  I did all that and sat down again.  

Right as I did the Dr Pepper truck driver called me.  I went all the way out to the dock and got him, brought him back.  He didn't have any Hawaiian punch but did have some 7up and a label for it, so I took that instead.  There was a problem with my pricing, we had to call the sales rep, but she fixed it.  I paid and walked him back out to the dock, then came back.  

Now I had to stock those 30 cases I just got.  It took me a while but each machine was as full as I could stock with what we had (about 80% of what I ordered).  Then I left notes on each machine listing what they did and didn't have and when they could expect cold drinks.  The bottled vendor drinks had come out of our commercial fridge and were already cold.  

Finally time to go.  I called Jack and we went to the bank, got enough $20's  to pay the electric bill, and came home.  I was so tired I didn't even want any takeout.  

Came home, barely sat down before Doc called for my phone appointment, which only took a few minutes.  I did tell him I am experiencing some menopause symptoms.  He was glad to hear Ron is on seizure medication now.  He put in my refills I should get them tomorrow or Friday.  

I found some blood in the hall, the cats killed something, so I cleaned that up.  It went well until I got the disinfectant spray, Ron complained bitterly about that.  So I can use the "Better Life" cleaning spray and that is it, apparently.  No bleach, no other cleaning products.  

I checked in on him a few minutes later as I was getting ready to take a nap and he snapped at me, called me "annoying, like a fly" shouted "Leave me alone!" a few times, etc.  I took my nap and slept pretty well with my trusty Biscuit.  I did wake up with a headache.  

He is sleeping, he apparently slept most of the time I was working and had the phone off so I had to handle everything on my own. He is certainly teaching me to live without him.  

But I am done for the day and I did EVERYTHING at work I even sorted the quarters for the bill changer.  The only thing I didn't like: I paid the driver cash, one of the Postal workers walked up to him and demanded he "change" a $100 bill he had.  I didn't get a chance to tell the driver no, they are always pushing these $100's and I don't think they are all real.  He just went ahead and gave the guy five twenties.  I wouldn't have done that.  It was the driver's call but not one I would have made, and the postal worker knew it.  Even the other vendor doesn't "change" $100's.  We are happy to do anything up to a $20 (either of us) but nothing bigger.  

The way I see it you had to go to a bank teller to get the $100 bill.  While at the window you could have asked for ANY other bills you wanted.  Besides, I don't want the Postal Workers seeing us as a bank, they had one on site for MANY years.  Even then they were always waving their big bills in my face demanding I "change" it.  I think it is just a power thing.  

A lot of the Postal Workers, to be blunt, treat me like some sort of service scum there to lick their workboots.  And I am there to help but I expect to be treated with respect.  I don't ask you to kiss my butt, so don't ask me to kiss yours.  It's like the guy shoving his fingers in all the coin returns of our vending machines "checking" for "extra money".  It's rude.  And I really think if I had my back turned and a machine open he would have gotten into the change bucket.  It just reminds me to always lock the machine when I am not looking at it.  

Sometimes it is tempting to leave it open as the stockroom is about 30 yards away around a corner and "I will be right back" but after what I saw today I am not doing that.  Anyway, all the machines were full when I left.   

Ron wants Arby's for dinner, that sounds good to me.  We did get a small fry so we won't get too fat.  😂.  It should arrive around pill time so he will have something tasty to eat with his pills.  

I could use a "sure bet" for dinner.  

No comments: