Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Prime Day

 I got up at 5, took care of Ron, and decided to just stay up.  I checked out Prime Day on Amazon and saw a nice looking polar fleece jacket that would do nicely for Ron.  I thought about it for a while and when I came back an hour later it had dropped to $14.  I went ahead and got one in charcoal gray.  

Ron looks very good in dark colors, he is a "winter" but is rather flaky from psoriasis so I didn't want a dark color.  The gray will help hide the flakes.  I got him a large as he likes things a little big and am happy I got it.  

I had $60 to spend if I wanted and I only got that.  My parents may or may not get me the tablet, if they do that will be nice.  I can do video calls.  

Ron is pretty comatose for a few hours after pill time so I enjoyed the time to myself.  I did my God Time.  

I did let him know I would be leaving to run errands when he woke up at one point.  

I went and did that.  I had a little wait on Arturo but I had a very strong internal directive to call him for my trips today; I try to listen.  I went to the bank and got my pay.  

Then I went to Walmart.  I got everything on the list.  I had fun looking around and pretty much stayed in budget.  

Ron's phone was off so I got some flypaper, and some flying insect spray.  That should take care of the fly problem (it is 1-2 in the house from me leaving the window open a few days back).  I got everything and came home.  

I went with Arturo again as I had a lot of bulky, heavy, items like cat litter.  He is always nice about helping and never gets an attitude.  I didn't have much but he got a large tip because he deserved it.  I like to make it worth his while.  

Ron agrees; so I came home.  Ron had called while I was waiting.  He said there was a problem and he was very sorry.  First question, are you OK?  The cats?  Yes.  But he was embarrassed.  I asked if he fell.  No.  Did you hurt yourself?  No.  What's the problem?  

There was a problem capping the urinal and it spilled, and the whole bed was soaked and smelled pissy.  He was worried about the mattress.  I told him about the rubber sheet, he was so relieved.  I said this is easy to fix, you move out of bed, I strip it and wash it with some baking soda and detergent.  I will spray the cover with some unscented cleaner.  He wanted a bath so we did that too.  

I am very happy with the "A Better Life" unscented spray cleaner.  I used it cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, and Ron's mattress cover just today and it got everything.  The mattress pad doesn't stink or reek of cleanser.   Everyone's happy.  

And the cleanser is pretty affordable.  After I got Ron settled I decided to clean part of the kitchen, between the microwave and the fridge.  I keep my disposable plates and cups over there but it was just a big pile with God Knew What on the bottom.  So I took everything off and sorted it, cleaned the counter (needed that spray!  Which did the job) It looks much better now.  Then I figured out how I wanted to organize that corner and did it.  Everything is nice and accessible now.  

Yes, I have an open case with APS.  So does Ron.  But I want to live in a nice house anyway so I have been taking steps all year - since BEFORE they were contacted, to do this.  I am very pleased with myself.  

First I had to get my head right.  That took years of medication.  Then I had to have everything taken out.  The broken pipe saw to that.  While it was gone I had time to think about what I actually needed and how I would store what I kept.  Then I needed the dumpster.  Wasn't cheap but worth it.  

Then it was much easier to bring in a select few items.  I had already pretty much figured out how I was going to store them.  I did have a few things that never left in the kitchen but I am working my way though that and pretty much done now.  Every can of food in my house is wholesome, everything in the fridge.  I doubt many people can say that.  I have 2 fly strips, roach and ant bait in case anything does get in the house.  The litter boxes are scooped, all the trash is in the can at the curb waiting for pickup.  And the recycles.  I take my recycling pretty seriously.  

A little note on that; the Bible says the Earth will be burned up so I'm not "saving the planet".  But until then we humans are in charge of the planet.  So I want to be a good steward.  A lot of talk about that in some churches generally when they have their hand out.  So I do what I can.  

That is another nice thing about holistic cleansers.  They don't pollute the water supply the way something like bleach would.  

So I cleaned and organized the kitchen, did my shopping for the week, took care of the bank.  I fixed Ron his dinner.  I made him a little slider he liked that, I think.  He is being stoic but I think he had a bad day for pain today.  His sheets are in the dryer now, I used washing soda and baking soda in addition to the detergent, today.  I do that sometimes on the more exciting loads.  

I will check the mail in about an hour and then take a shower about an hour before I go to bed.  I had a pretty good supply of energy today, not manic though, which is good.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: