Friday, October 9, 2020

Friday morning

 So I was on Facebook last night and it kept suggesting I "add" my primary abuser as a friend.  I guess he unfriended me at some point (he sent me a friend request some years back).  I said no thanks.  [Edit out nasty comments]

Anyway I said no.  I went to bed early yesterday and fell asleep pretty fast considering how much caffeine I'd had, but I woke up at 1:30 and could not go back to sleep.  I got up for a while and went back to bed around 3, then I did sleep pretty well until Pill Time, back to sleep after that.  

I like shoving one of these at Ron for pill time because he likes to take them with food.  


Wow that is big.  Anyway you get the idea.  It is low carb and high protein so I am all for it.  I am not worrying about Ron's salt intake as his blood pressure has been excellent with just the medication.  Besides, it would be difficult to have both a low salt and a high salt diet in the same house.  

So I went back to bed and woke up at 8, I am taking today as an off day for working out.  I am down about 4 pounds so that is encouraging for me.  I had a headache which I think was the muffins I had for dinner last night.  I took some Excedrin.  

Biscuit was very upset I had soy milk for breakfast but lactose is killing me about now.  My mood was not great, irritable and paranoid, I couldn't wait to take my pills.  I did my shower and God Time and for once Ron didn't bother me during either.  Maybe he sensed my mood!  😂  Seriously, though, tyty  (Biscuit says hello).  

Anyway I was OK by the time I finished my God Time.  And that is the great thing about faith, I can dump my flawed, broken, self at His feet and He can still make something of it.  I wouldn't use me, I have so many things wrong and sometimes I just don't have any love in my heart (like this morning) but God still works with me.  

I told Ron about it later and he said he didn't notice so that was good.  He did, however want some fried chicken please?  

He had 3 breast quarters so I gave him one of those, warmed up (45 seconds seemed to be perfect) on a paper plate with a wet wipe.  He really enjoyed eating it, I really enjoyed him getting the protein, and Baby Girl stole a couple bites of chicken while he was eating.  She is pretty cute, she is relentless when it comes to cooked chicken.  She likes it all ways, roast and fried.  And he could feed himself that just fine.  It took a while which was good because he was feeding himself.  

I am not one to do something for him if he can do it himself.  His mother also had that attitude and I think that is healthy.  She used to let him run around and play with the other boys even though he had a few accidents/injuries (I think all boys do), she would get him fixed up and send him out again.  

One time he shook a fig tree that had a wasp nest.  And his brother locked the door and wouldn't let him in the house.  Another time, after that same fig tree, he got the ladder and tried to climb it but he slipped and impaled himself on the picket.  He had to go to the hospital for that one.  

Ron doesn't 😂 like figs anymore! He also fell off another ladder and landed on his head, etc. As far as I know this is all normal boyhood stuff.  My stepbrothers each had a couple trips to the emergency room growing up, mainly stitches.  I fell off my bike around age 10 and had to get a couple stitches myself.  

But I don't think I had an exactly normal upbringing ("Heather don't you touch that book!  It'll make you crazy!") but who knows.  

I do know I was so neglected as a toddler it took me years to catch up on my growth.  I am glad I don't remember much with my mother. What I do remember is very sad.  

Anyway not going there today.  I am going to wait and see if the soy milk is behind today's headache.  If not I will order some more, delivered.  I really like it, the Walmart brand and vanilla.  It is about all they had in the case.  I am allergic to almond so it has to be soy.  

Almonds are scary.  I ate some once and my throat got very tight.  I didn't believe it so I ate more on another occasion, same thing, worse even,  I said HELL NO, ALMONDS and haven't touched them since.  The problem for me, chocolate is a migraine trigger (remember that horrible week long one I had a few years ago?), so if an energy bar doesn't have chocolate it probably has almonds.  Some have both!  I can still stock the machines and even handle packages of almonds (that would be a good idea to get some, actually), but you couldn't pay me to eat them.  It's a shame, I used to love a Hershey Almond.  That is one thing I always keep stocked, them and the Snickers.  

I am a little dizzy so I'm going to go lie down for a while.  More later.  

No comments: