Thursday, October 8, 2020

Thursday night

 Walmart finally sent me a text my stuff was ready, and of course Ron needed help right as I was getting ready to leave.   I finally got to the store right as some clouds rolled in.  I did all my transactions and did a little shopping.  

I checked out the yarn department and settled on getting some yarn needles I will need putting my poncho together.  

I didn't get any yarn because I was hard pressed to think of a project.  Ron called and said he wanted fried chicken.  

I told him I had to pick up some wet wipes and then I would look at the deli.  Except a couple from some other country (not Spanish) were jabbering away, standing in front of the display, arguing about his selection of some Irish Spring soap.  He wanted it, she did not.  She kept pointing at it and the shelf, like "Put it back".  I stood there waiting for them, they both looked over at me more than once.  I finally said "Excuse me" loudly and touched the woman as I reached for the wipes.  She did not like that but she didn't get out of my way, either.  She jumped back and jabbered at him, and I said "Very rude" to them pointedly and walked off.  They jabbered some more, clearly talking about rude American women, but I didn't care.  

THEN I went to the deli and found an 8 piece fried chicken in the warmer.  It had just been cooked.  It looked good.  Ron was a little skeptical but I told him it only had 2 legs 😂.  I checked out (that took a while as it was pretty late for me, after 4) and waited outside on Arturo until it started raining.  I took cover, put my mask back on (I had taken it off when I went out) and waited.  

I went home, threw everything in the garage, and took Ron his chicken.  He murdered 4 pieces before I took it away.  I put everything away.  

I plan to go to bed early after I check the mail.  I am tired.  

No comments: