Monday, October 5, 2020

The rest of Monday

 I have had a lot of trouble standing up for myself.  It was literally beaten out of me on more than one occasion, but I had to do it today and both Ron and I are pleased with the results.  

So I got up, took care of my needs, took care of Ron.  I was pretty tired even though I slept OK so I just slurped a couple of Mountain Dews and saved my God Time for later.  

Jack got me and I went to Sam's.  I was able to get most of what I needed for a reasonable price, considering I had to spend over $80 on candy.  Candy has been PATHETIC I admit so I really had to get that done.  

I did.  A nice variety, praise God they have these packs with like 8 of each candy bar.  They are great for fronting a vending machine.  

We went to work and I found my area all blocked off.  I brought my stuff in (2 carts) and parked it off to the side, then called the head of maintenance.  Once he picked up every maintenance radio in the building heard our conversation, and I was very glad of it.  

I explained the problem: someone had blocked off access to my vending machines.  He said that was my problem, that "it will take as long as it takes (to dry)".  I then told him it was dry, and he had a choice.  Either he opened up my vending area within a half hour or I would go home and leave them empty.  I meant it, too.  He said "Why a half hour?  You will need to wait."  I told him no I DID NOT have to wait I had a husband to care for in addition to the business and I could not sit around for hours.  I ended the conversation telling him he had half an hour or empty vending machines, and I would tell everyone who asked why the machines weren't stocked.  He said he would send someone over.  

By the time I got to my area some woman I have never met in my life said the other vendor's cart left a track on the floor, "that was a problem" and I was "not allowed" to use my carts by the vending machines anymore.  Which is BS it is impossible to stock without using a cart by the vending machine, but I played the game today and did snacks walking back and forth from my carts.  But Wednesday I will be there before they even show up for work and I will do the Cokes, etc. then.  

Speaking of soda my sales rep called, she was very apologetic about what happened and said I would be the first stop Wednesday.  Good.  Then I went home.  

I took care of Ron for a while and then took a nap, had a pretty good one, woke up with a headache (probably all the soda this morning), but it went away after I got up. I took the day as a rest day for working out.  

I will do my God Time after I eat.  I need to figure out if the canned roast beef is any good.  If it is I want to get more.  

No comments: