Monday, June 4, 2018

Mewtiful

So, today.  Someone made a lot of noise last night in my bedroom.  It could have been Torbie, though, she likes to climb my dresser, into the closet, and then up onto the top shelf.  Or it could have been someone else. 

Got up, got ready, went to work.  Ron was difficult and obnoxious all morning.  A good example, one I can share, him yelling how he voted for Trump when I was taking him into the building, which is a very liberal union shop.  Not real smart, I told him, and a bad idea.  "You can't stop me, it's free speech!"  I told him sometimes free speech was better saved for another moment. 

He spent the morning cursing at me and treating me like crap, then, when we left, said "You were a big help today".  A one-sentence thank you does not make up for hours of ongoing verbal abuse.  The alcohol is just turning him into a really unpleasant man I don't like. 

When we got to the bank, he "paid" me.  Something told me to count the money.  He had a bunch of $5's mixed in with the $20's and I had only a third of my pay.  I made him pay me the whole thing, and, happily, he believed me.  He must have counted out the money at home, when he was drunk, and gotten his money mixed up. 

We did the deposit and left.  He called a local cab driver who is generally always in the area.  Ron took him to the liquor store.  I stayed in the cab, while the driver went and got Ron a case of cheapo vodka.  Ron paid him money in advance and he came back quickly.  When we got home, the driver took it into the garage for Ron.  I don't know what Ron told him about my unwillingness to "help" but he could probably guess.  If someone is drinking, a lot, and their spouse doesn't want to "help" them, it's a good bet they are not a happy drunk. 

Something funny.  Ron had been talking, at home, about how he would call this driver to help us get rid of the possum.  As in, drive the trapped possum to the woods and let it go.  When I told the driver this, he started laughing and shaking his head.  "Are you sure?  You could have him right there in the back..." I told him, he laughed harder and shook his head even more emphatically.  I didn't think anyone would want a possum in their car.  God knows it would probably make a terrible racket.  But no, no one's putting it in their car.  I will probably strap the trap/cage to the handcart I use for Bibles and roll him (?) to the woods, then let him go.  Let's hope it doesn't follow me back home! 

We got home and Ron adjusted the alcohol to his liking, then extracted a bottle and brought it in the house on his own.  He started working on that while I took a nap.  Torbie joined me.  We had a good nap.  She's "Mewtiful".  We had a beautiful cuddle. 

I got up.  Ron and I are getting hamburgers in a minute.  Then I'll come home and clean out the tub so he can take a bath before he sees the doctor tomorrow.  I got most of my chores done last night, litter box, etc. 

But there's always something more to do. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"He spent the morning cursing at me and treating me like crap, then, when we left, said "You were a big help today". A one-sentence thank you does not make up for hours of ongoing verbal abuse. The alcohol is just turning him into a really unpleasant man I don't like. "

You are supposed to walk away when he starts cursing and verbally abusing you. What happened to this plan? Regarding the alcohol this behavior of his is nothing new and I believe he does these things to you sober at work also.

Anonymous said...

So you are in your room trying to sleep and you hear a bunch of racket and don't get up to check it out? That is patently crazy. You need the trap in your room, door shut and cats out. This is getting out of control with you. Seriously get a second trap at least. Months later if the possum dies you will find it's mummified corpse under your bed. You may need to call pest control and pay someone to get the thing out of your house. There is possum urine all over your house and feces. What is this thing eating? Is it safe for the cats to share food with a possum - probably not.