Saturday, June 30, 2018

Are you smarter than a possum?

Well, Possum (I named it, Possum) didn't take the bait last night.  So apparently it is smarter than me.  The cats stayed away from the trap, though, so my estimation of their intelligence has gone up.  They kept getting stuck when I first got the trap. 

If you need to catch a feral, get a Havaheart trap.  Cats can't resist them, even if you use peanut butter for bait! 

Ron asked me what was "wrong" this morning.  I told him I was just tired, and I was.  "You went to bed at 6 PM!" he exclaimed. 

Fatigue is just part of the medication package.  I can never get enough sleep.  Oh, I could use a good mania right about now - and that's why people go OFF their meds.  I won't. 

I've had my blood checked, I am completely in the normal range, so it's not that. 

But fatigue is part of the price I pay for "sanity".  Basically, in order to be cute, cuddly, and socially acceptable I have to be tired all the time.  I'm not the only one making this choice. 

Doc says a lot of people go off their meds when they feel better, figuring they have been "cured".  There's no cure for this, just management. 

So I dragged myself to the warehouse.  I wore capris because I was too tired to shave my legs. 

We got our supplies.  I bought some candy to hand out.  Bought, of course, with my own money. 

We went to work.  Jack won't be able to help us in 2 weeks, not sure how we will manage that without Chuck.  Chuck's truck is out of commission right now.  And his SUV will hold just a little more than the wheelchair.  We'll figure it out. 

We got everything unloaded and into our area.  Since one of my carts is a lot smaller, it makes it more challenging to put things away.  I managed to stuff everything into our allocated space, yet again.  We have 34 square feet.  In that space, I have to have supplies for eight vending machines!  It gets exciting at times. 

We came home.  I crawled into bed with Biscuit and we had a good nap.  He curled up behind my knees as I lay on my side.  I got up for dinner.  We ate, had a good time. 

Ron told me he had 2 Tylenol left.  As in, two tablets.  I checked my supplies, and, sure enough, I had an extra bottle.  He was overjoyed when I gave it to him.  He can't go more than about 8 hours without his Tylenol. 

I told him he owes me a bottle.  He agreed. 

I am doing a load of laundry right now, it is cooler so it won't heat up the house too much.  I actually have my own little laundry room, about 10 feet long from side to side, and about 3.5 feet deep.  It has a regular style interior door that closes.  It keeps things quiet, and cool. 

Ron did freak out when I was using the lint brush on his clothes.  He could hear the erratic thumping - I put the clothes on top of the washer and lint-brushed them, and he thought something was broken, because he had never heard that noise before. 

I explained what I was doing and he said we need to shave Biscuit.  I don't think Biscuit would look good bald.  But it's always his white hair that shows up on Ron's clothes. 

Biscuit will sleep with us at any given opportunity.  Which is great, we love him.  But Ron wears his clothes to bed and gets "Biscuit" all over them.  Then I have to lint brush them and clean them. 

But I have to clean them anyway. 

I have been giving Ron a multi vitamin with iron at dinner every day.  He has been very good about taking it.  I figure it can't hurt him. 

Doc did say his blood was terrible, poor color, small cells, lack of cells.  If it's iron I can help with that.  If it's not, well, that's why we have medical professionals.  But the iron won't hurt. 

Oh, I'm tired.  Once this load of clothes finishes I'm putting it in the dryer and going to bed. 

No comments: