Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I need to stay top notch

I had one of those nights were I slept fine, but woke up exhausted.  All this running the last couple weeks is wiping me out. 

I did have a bottle of carrot juice, a large salad, and some cottage cheese for dinner so I am trying to fuel myself properly.  I had a big salad for lunch, and will do a big "mess" of cooked greens with dinner. 

We can't afford me to go down right now.  I have got to stay top notch. 

So I got up, drank a bottle of Diet Dr (I had one leftover from my trip) and went to work.  We had an argument about one vending machine.  Our boss said to make sure the snack machine is empty before we sent it back.  So I emptied it.  Ron objected bitterly, saying we were going to "lose money".  I finally took the money out of the validator (all $19) and showed him this is what we made on it in almost a week.  We're not going to lose any money.  Ron shut up. 

I didn't really do much work other than that.  We will be working a long day tomorrow and I can do all my work then.  Ron only had us there a couple of hours anyway. 

The repairman came and swapped out the locks.  The machine has to go back with a lock and key, but not OUR locks and keys.  We have good quality locks, hard to pick, excellent overall.  We had the repairman bring some cheap cylinder locks.  Image.  He took out the old locks, gave them to us, and put in the new locks.  We paid him and he left. 

Easy money for the repairman.  I like him a lot.  He is a good guy.  He also gave me a tip on the bottled vendor. 

After that, it was pretty much time to go.  We got everything loaded into the stockroom and left. 

We had a longer ride home, we had to pick up an old lady and her adult son, who were going to the grocery store.  We dropped them at the grocery store, and went home.  I was exhausted and took a nap. 

When I got up, I was exhausted.  I was awake but no where near alert.  It is easy to see how I used to abuse caffeine.  I did a load of laundry anyway.  It was a real pain lint brushing all the cat hair off Ron's clothes, he wears them to bed, and then sleeps with the cats, but hopefully I can correct that. 

I got the laundry done and got online - well, I got the laundry in the wash and running, then got online.  The load finished and I put it in the dryer, removing fun things like my bras.  I need to hang them up so they dry tonight. 

I've got a load in the dryer right now.  If it dries tonight (my dryer can be a little sluggish) I will hang them all up.  I hang up everything except socks and underwear. 

Still tired.  I have to remind myself it was one week of Ron in the hospital, one week of me with the cold, and then the visit from my parents this week.  They had so much energy.  That really blew me away.  This week is all work running around, and then next week is running around to doctors.  I need to stay as fresh as possible, which is why I'm really focusing on eating quality foods. 

I need to be healthy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am right now researching how coffee is anti inflammatory and helps protect against Alzheimer's.

Heather Knits said...

Coffee has been implicated in headaches, so I don't drink it. Now if aspartame had some benefits I would be set!