Saturday, June 9, 2018

2 days in one, again

I will try to do yesterday's post. 

I got up at 3:30, got ready, and texted one of my "Mikes" - I have 3 Mike cab drivers in my phone book - about quarter to five.  He texted me back he would be there at 5:10.  That would work. 

We went to work.  I warned him it was a terrible neighborhood and told him to "run like hell" without taking any trips.  He said he knew.  I made it worth is while, paying him, and he left. 

I went to work and told everyone the Ron updates.   I stocked.  I finished early so I ate a snack and waited on my ride. 

I went out early, he was early to.  I got to the hospital at 10:30.  I hung out with Ron for a bit.  He was confused if he really got blood last night, all he said was they kept checking his blood pressure last night.  So I asked the nurse.  She said yes, he got his blood, and his numbers went up from 7.1 to 8.6, which was good, and in her estimation, Ron would probably go home today. 

Good.  I got a lunch.  I have been trying to eat a big salad every day so I got one, and a sandwich.  This sandwich was pretty awful, ham on white bread.  I hate white bread, but it enabled me to take my pills. 

About my pills: I was pretty consistent in my dosing this week, a little late a few times, but overall a good job.  I did get a little manic yesterday but I think that was the caffeine. 

I did abuse caffeine, big time.  I just drank a lot of diet Dr Pepper, and took some headache pills every day.  I was glad I had the headache pills in my bag. 

I ate my lunch with Ron, he ate his lunch, and he went to the bathroom.  While in the bathroom he pulled the emergency fall string and the nurse came bursting in through the door, all set to save him.  She had to see Ron on the toilet before she could turn off the alarm.  Ooops.  I showed him the string so he wouldn't pull it again. 

Doc came by.  He said he likes me because I follow instructions and he doesn't have to worry about follow through.  He said Ron could go home, if he saw a blood doctor next week (to figure out the clotting issue), and his primary doc as well.  OK, we can do that. 

I asked him, twice, about alcohol usage (in front of Ron) and both times he was adamant Ron cannot drink.  Ron has gotten the message and has not had anything to drink since he came home. 

It took a while to process the paper work.  Ron was so impatient he got dressed and had me take him to the nurses' station.  The charge nurse took off his telemetry (heart) monitor and sent him back to his room. 

Nurse came by (she was s rabid vegetarian, and liberal), and took out his IV.  Blood thinners.  Talk about a crime scene.  Blood EVERYWHERE.  All over Ron, the sheets, everything.  I hope we don't get in an accident because any small thing could make Ron bleed to death. 

Really glad he isn't passing out on the floor anymore. 

So, we got Ron cleaned up as much as we could and called Mike the third cab driver.  He came and got us, took us home.  Ron already had his pills so he didn't need to fill them. 

We came home and took a nap.  I was dead.  Ron was snoring away.  He had a great reunion with Baby Girl, she was on a chair and he was sitting on the bed.  She was rubbing her head against him.  We got up and some friends met us for dinner. 

We came home, went to bed.  I slept pretty well but not long enough. 

I got up at 6 and got ready to go to the warehouse.  We went and I got all our supplies.  Jack met us and took us, and our stuff, to work.  We stocked.  I helped him as much as I could.  We came home. 

I took a short nap.  We got some dinner.  We're home now. 

Ron has not been very good about staying hydrated in the past.  However, today he was very good about drinking water and even took some bottles of water into his man cave.  I told him, ideally, he will drink 3 (20 ounce) bottles of water a day.  I think he can do that. 

It will sure cut down on his risk of blood clots.  I am also trying to get him to eat more red meat so we can build up his blood again.  I need to find a good place that does liver and onions.  That would be great to build him up. 

No comments: