Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Fast-er

Monday was long.  I got up early, went to work, sick.  Sorry customers.  A lot of you will be coming down with colds now.  It can't be avoided. 

On a 1-10 with 10 being a puking migraine, I would call the cold a 3.  Not acute or severe by any means.  Just annoying and tiring. 

We went to work, I stocked, I helped Ron.  I was particularly careful about pushing him from one spot to another when he was working, because I didn't want him hitting his leg on a table and bleeding everywhere.  He is on blood thinners, that means more coddling. 

Speaking of his blood, when I was reviewing the discharge papers his A1C was 5.1 - that's perfect. 

I was talking to a friend I have known online for probably 20 years, and she made a comment "I don't mother my husband".  Well, in my case I need to.  I need to remind him to take his pills, etc.  It's just a feature of the head injury. 

He did have one drink one Sunday, but hasn't had any since.  He only told me afterward.  I told him I was very disappointed and reminded him, if he gets sick, I will be the one they blame.  He told me, if he drinks again he won't tell me.  I don't see how that is supposed to protect me. 

Other than that it was a pretty standard day, except I made sure he didn't bang into anything.  Most blind people, I have found, have a lot of scars on their lower legs from constantly running into things.  Heads and hands are other popular injury spots.  Just what I have seen. 

We came home.  I took a nap.  We went out to eat and had a pretty good time.  When we got home I made our royalty payment to the state program.  They get a percentage, every month.  If they DON'T get their payment there is hell to pay. 

I did that.  I went to bed. 

I am taking various supplements that are compatible with my medication, oregano oil capsules, vitamin C, etc.  My ears got clogged this morning so I took some guiafenisen.  It acts as a decongestant but isn't one, so I can take it.  If I took normal cold pills I would 1.  Become screamingly manic.  Really wild.  and 2.  Have a fatal seizure from drug interactions.  I guess I would die "happy" but not a good way to go. 

And how stupid, "She took cold medicine with her crazy pills".  Like I said, it's uncomfortable but not miserable.  I didn't get a bad cold as these go. 

I did manage to start my cycle, though.  That and the cold at the same time reminds me of the time I had my cycle and the flu, around Christmas, back in 1991.  That was a miserable time.  Company was visiting so they took my bed and put me on the floor, with the flu.  The other kids were not sick, and got to keep their beds.  I was also under quarantine because some of the guests were older and they didn't want him getting sick.  That, I could understand, but taking my bed?  My Dad made enough money, they could have bought a bed for the guests and then donated it afterward.  I would never put my sick child on the floor. 

I slept pretty long.  I kept waking up to blow my nose (the last time I took an antihistamine I got really manic, so I'm avoiding them), and drink water, but otherwise OK.  I had some odd dreams, but not bad. 

I woke up at 7 to an eager Biscuit wanting his breakfast.  Apparently, Biscuit is going to Ron first thing in the morning, when he's awake, and trying to motivate Ron into getting up and feeding him.  Ron never feeds the cats dry food.  I don't think he even knows where I keep the bowl.  I brushed my teeth and fed Biscuit, then I loaded my pills into my portable organizer. 

When I get sick, I lose my appetite.  I don't have an appetite today.  When I get really sick the idea of food is revolting.  I have been told it's the body's way of ramping up the immune system, so all those people who were screaming at me and shoving food in my face, every time I got sick: WRONG.  Better to do a light fast (eat with meds only) and get better fast-er. 

I'm not big on fasting, but I will when I'm sick, as much as possible when I need to be taking my pills with food,and a pretty good amount, at that. 

We went to Walmart.  Our ride was very late but Ron was happy about it.  He doesn't like to spend very long at Walmart.  We rode with a very obese woman and a guy on the way to dialysis.  The other clients, if they are not on dialysis or mentally limited, are always obese.  They need sturdier vehicles.  Sometimes the passenger will literally break the front passenger seat. 

We paid the electric bill and got Ron's medication.  That wasn't cheap.  I left Ron up front and did my shopping.  I bought some salad greens, and some cooking greens.  Last week I promised myself I would eat a raw green salad (mixed greens) and a cooked green every day.  I can absolutely do that.  It can only improve my health. 

I also got some other things, and Ron's cat treats.  I paid.  Ron texted me he wanted chicken strips.  I went back and got them. 

I specifically asked him, before I started shopping, to tell me everything he wanted, but he changed his order twice.  I got it anyway. 

I got his chicken strips and took them to him.  He ate them with a good appetite. 

I ate my hamburger (a small one) and took my morning pills.  When we got home I put the food away and then went to bed. 

Someone rang the doorbell around 2.  I was furious they might have woken Ron up.  By the time I got to the door, the coward had run off.  Shame.  I was looking forward to sharing my head cold.  I went back to bed and had a dream about Anthony Bourdain.  It is a shame he killed himself, especially as I believe he died unsaved. 

I got up and watched a little TV, figured out what I want for dinner (salad, cooked greens, soup, and a glass of milk should hold my evening pills).  I'm about to go eat it now. 

I have NO appetite but I still need to get it down so I can take my pills.  The last thing this family needs is me getting mentally sick. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah your father and stepmother treated you like crap. But praise the lord they found jesus and never apologized to you. As for the alcohol since ron said he wouldn't drink he needs to dump all the vodka down the sink. I bet he will be back to heavy drinking in 1 - 2 weeks.

Spankadoo said...

I thought of you when I saw a girl giving out bibles outside our city farmers mkt
Do you have a farmers mkt near you ? I bet you would love it if you did ! We have a lot of homeless around our farmers mkt so I always carry socks or T-shirt’s (only new ones for this I donate used stuff to the mission) for anyone who may need or want them

Be good to yourself salads and green sound like a winner to me! I love greens spicy with sweet cornbread and pinto beans and rice..and now I am hungry!!!

Sending love

Heather Knits said...

First comment: they did issue a general apology when I had confronted them, but I wanted specifics. I didn't speak to her for quite a while, until God convicted me to forgive them both. After I did that, I was given another general apology. I guess that will have to hold me for now.

About Ron: Ron's problem is Ron's problem. Unfortunately, all he has to go is make a phone call and pay someone to bring him alcohol. Al-anon also says not to pour out the alcohol, it makes things worse. My Dad is a great fan of them so I will listen.

Spank: you are very sweet. Right now God's got me working in the bad neighborhoods. When I get back to them.. things have been a little crazy of late! I am experimenting with ways to cook my greens. I thought it was funny, last night I found a piece of grass - as in lawn grass, in my greens. Some picker must have thought that was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Point is since at the hospital ron told the doctor he would not drink he should be the one to pour it down the sink.

Why did he even bother if he is going to continue to drink himself to death? You should ask him.

Sorry you did not get a real apology. Your dad, like most men has real issues when it comes to women and he is a p---y. My concern is when you wanted to tell them about ron and his drinking that they didn't want to hear it because they didn't want to have to choose between you and ron. To me that is most unfortunate on your dads part. Choosing you should have been a no brainer since you are not the verbally abusive alcoholic. I will never understand people. I hope he at least included you in his will. Though I suspect your stepmother will show her true colors once again when he passes.

Heather Knits said...

Unpublished anonymous, I agree with a lot of what you said - it is good to get validation that yes, things sucked and still do - but name calling! At least one family member reads on a regular basis and I can't have that.