Thursday, June 14, 2018

Back to Old Days

Ron has just been awful the last couple days. 

He was fairly sweet when he was in the hospital, and the first few days home, but we are back to Old Days with a vengeance.  Name-calling, judging, demanding, unreasonable, manipulative, just all around awful. 

I know a lot of you are not surprised. 

Anyway, yesterday I had a horrible headache that morphed into a migraine.  I figured that out in the Denny's bathroom, as I vomited up the diet soda I had drunk.  That's all I had, just some diet soda.  I ordered food but looking at it made me nauseous so I put it in a to go container.  I had a little more diet soda, started getting queasy.  I took a phenergan, and threw up.  Thankfully in the toilet, and no one knew but me, but I was ready to go home and go to bed. 

I did that.  I slept late and got up with Biscuit demanding breakfast.  I fed him.  I figured out what I had eaten that triggered the headache.  I had already eaten some of the chips today, so I got a bad headache, but nothing like yesterday. 

I rested as much as I could.  My house will have to stay messy.  I have to take care of myself. 

I did take a shower and do my God Time, then back to bed.  I am still getting over the cold (thank God NOT a sinus infection) and a migraine today so priority: me. 

I did help Ron get ready for work, we went in late today.  We paid some refunds and made change.  One of the safety guys wanted to talk to us about some issues which were all related to the other vendor.  He said it was fine for us to keep Ron's work wheelchair in the cafeteria area.  That was my only concern with "safety" - they might say no to that.  We stocked, it needed some work but not "blown out". 

I like to go in for different shifts and be seen, let them know who they are supporting.  I think that is important.  I would like to do that more often.  About the only problem I had were people coming to me for refunds for the other vendor's machines.  I politely told them I don't service those machines and referred them to the number posted on the machines. 

However, it threw my schedule all out of whack, I am used to sleeping when I was working, and I hadn't taken my mood stabilizers yesterday due to the migraine, plus still getting over the migraine and the cold. 

Ron said I was being a bitch.  I don't believe I was, but I wasn't putting up with his shit to the degree I normally do. 

When we got home Ron went straight for the vodka.  He says everyone, including his doctor and pharmacist, are "liars" because it isn't outright killing him to drink and take the blood thinner.  I told him alcohol amplifies drugs and it is a bad idea.  He told me to shut up. 

I believe he is somewhat suicidal.  He is hoping to "accidentally" kill himself.  That's the only explanation I can find for him mixing alcohol and prescriptions in direct opposition to 2 doctors' orders.  He called the pharmacy when I wasn't around.  He spoke to his doctor in front of me.  He knows it is not safe, but he does it. 

In fact, today he told me "I'm going to have 2 (servings) today, since one didn't hurt me".  I reminded him he had told me he wasn't going to talk about his alcohol usage to me now, since it is verboten. 

And, along with the drinking comes the stupid behaviors, like throwing out a whole package of burritos he liked because he thought they were the ones that gave me migraines.  Now he is out a whole package of burritos and I have them rotting in my garbage. 

I'm tired. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My husband used to call me a bitch whenever i tried to stop the verbal abuse. No matter how nice i tried to be he heard me as a screamy schrew . I am so sorry i know you are tired and wish nothing but peaceful joyful days for you.
There is NOTHING you could have done ever that warrents another person treating you this way.Much love