Monday, June 25, 2018

The one that got away

A busy day.  I slept HORRIBLY last night.  I kept waking up, couldn't get my water bottle to work, and kept dribbling water all over every time I took a drink.  I had some disturbing dreams about a guy I used to know, back in Elementary school. 

I was the weird kid, and he was very kind to me.  I have always had fond thoughts as a result.  I found him on Facebook, some years ago, happily married with a couple of preteens.  I am delighted for him.  He has a good job, loves where he lives, active with his wife, just an overall happy ending for a truly nice guy. 

I always thought I would marry a guy like that.  I swore I would never marry an alcoholic or drug addict, and look where that got me. 

Married to an alcoholic.  At least he's functional. 

So I got up, exhausted.  I got ready for work and we went in.  I stocked, helped Ron, and got a delivery.  We went to the bank with a big jug of dimes and deposited them.  We finished up and went home. 

I took a nap.  I slept better but woke up with a vicious headache.  I took something for it (fake Excedrin) and we went to Walmart. 

I had to get some groceries.  We didn't go last week and the week before I had a bad head cold.  I also needed to make a deposit to cover my health insurance.  Ron wanted some stuff, but, because we didn't have much time, told me to forget about it and just focus on "my" stuff. 

I got everything on my list and everything on his, including cat treats.  I paid and left.  We had a little bit of a wait but not too bad. 

The driver arrived.  The front seat passenger, upon watching Ron trying to get in his seat, exited his own seat and tried to help Ron.  I forget how bad Ron looks to outsiders, trying to do certain things. 

We had a straight trip home.  I put everything away and then checked the mail, finding a bunch of talking books in the mailbox. 

Ron wants to take his bath tomorrow.   I understand he is tired, so am I, but I wonder how hard it will be to get him done tomorrow before the appointment. 

And now I'm developing digestive woes.  No cramping or nausea, but let's just say it's a good thing I have a small house with a short trip to the bathroom!  Ugh. 

I probably need to hydrate. 

No comments: