Friday, June 29, 2018

Bless those who curse you

I didn't put cat food in the trap, I put peanut butter.  The cats hate all people food, including peanut butter.  Hey, let's go in here and get stuck!  That's why I called them "idiots". 

I deleted the two "mean" comments and the one "nice" one, meant to putblish them all but I guess my clicker hand knew best. 

I had a quiet night.  I currently don't believe the possum is in the bedroom, I believe it is at the bottom of the bookcase, behind some other furniture, in the front room.  That's where I'm finding signs of activity. 

To those worried about the sanitation aspect, as near as I can tell it is using the box.  Also, many people keep possum as pets.  Very ugly pets, but pets nonetheless. 

https://youtu.be/wfrgubq_iLc

I got up and got ready for work.  "Gone for 3 days" Ron muttered "And we still have Coke".  That wasn't encouraging, but our bottled vendor sales were much better. 

I had a a fair amount of work to do in my department, and, we can't forget, the most important part of my work day: when I went to the other vendor and bought some peanut butter cups to bait the trap.  He was going to give them to me but I insisted on paying. 

Possum likes peanut butter.  Possum likes chocolate.  Let's fix it with some of both.  A delicious peanut butter cup, I will break off part and leave it outside the trap so it gets a taste. 

Then, the rest, in the trap.  I am guessing I will trap at least 2 idiot cats.  I love them, but you would think once would be enough with the trap - but it isn't.  Their innate curiosity wins out every time and they go right in. 

I think the possum is smarter than the cats.  After all, I only saw it once.  If it wasn't for that chewed up box of cherry cordials I might have convinced myself it was gone - I had, actually. 

Work was pretty uneventful.  One woman came up to me and told me she had a refund, but left before I could give it to her.  I had to chase her.  Tell her I want everyone walking away happy. 

It is really important to me that everyone have a good vending experience with us.  I don't want them to feel like a cog, I want them to feel like a valued customer.  I have done everything I can to make sure that happens. 

And I helped Ron, of course.  His back hasn't gotten any better.  He says his butt cheeks hurt when he sits in the wheelchair, now.  But, overall, he was in a pretty good mood today. 

Our order arrived, 2 hours late.  But it came.  A nice man with dreadlocks brought it.  He seemed like a very hard worker.  Ron got so angry at his treatment from Dr Pepper he started calling Coke, and set up an appointment. 

We are pretty sure Coke will be a lot more expensive, but it won't hurt to ask. 

I got my order put away and did the finishing up things.  Ron called Chuck and off we went. 

We ran an errand.  Then we came home. 

I took a nap.  I slept for a couple of hours - for whatever reason, last night, #6 decided to make a lot of noise until pretty late.  So, this morning, this is very petty and not a good witness at all, I did not go out of my way to be quiet when we left for work at 4 AM.  I didn't hush Ron when he talked loudly, and I didn't ask the driver to turn the radio down.  Nope, I did not go out of my way to be quiet. 

The Bible says "Bless those who curse you" so I failed on that.  I am sorry, Lord. 

I just feel like #6 takes whatever I give them, takes and takes and wants more and then takes some more.  And gives nothing in return.  So it is hard to want to bless them, especially when they kept making weird banging noises after 9 PM last night. 

The new #2 is pretty simple, aside from playing their ghetto blaster (car) in the middle of the day sometimes, they are pretty quiet and overall OK.  They hate me, though, because I "told" on them to the landlady (she had a no-pets clause, they have a yapper).  I don't know what it is about tenants in that house - maybe it is the large property size (for the neighborhood, over 2000 square feet), the large garage, the large property (about 8K square feet), or what - but it seems to attract people with a lot of "stuff".  They aren't hoarders like the last guy, but boy do they have a lot of stuff.  I just hope we never have a hurricane because all their patio furniture (two sets, not one) is going to go flying into that fence and demolish it.  They are from the midwest, they have no idea what a Texas storm can do.  And I can't talk to them about it because they hate me.  It's not my fault they broke their lease. 

The other neighbors have been OK. 

I had a pretty good nap but woke up with a headache.  I took some fake Excedrin.  I'm feeling better now but I do get tired of the headaches.  I haven't eaten my dinner yet so I still need to take my pills. 

I think I will eat something safe, like my burritos and a glass of milk, and do that.  I don't want any drama around pill time. 

Ron's still asleep.  He's been a good sport about taking his multivitamin so that makes it easier.  It has iron in it so that's bound to help him build some more blood. 

I do wonder if he will need more blood before this is all done. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for calling you an idiot and mentally ill.

Heather Knits said...

Don't worry about it. I never mind when people call me mentally ill because I am. It's like calling me a brunette.

Let's just hope my possum bait (Reese's PB cups) works.