Sunday, June 17, 2018

A visit with the parents

So, my Dad's in town.  Along with my adoptive Mom.  Say what you will, she did raise me. 

I slept pretty well last night - no noise.  Biscuit threw up twice, he must have known today was special.  I cleaned it up when I got up. 

I took my shower and tried to get Ron ready.  He bitterly protested the washcloth so I barely got anything done. 

I figured out how to hack his hospital blood test results - man, he is anemic.  I can see why they gave him blood.  Even after the blood, most of his numbers suck.  His liver numbers were a little low but not overly.  I was happy to see that. 

So I left Ron on his own.  Mom and Dad have raised 4 kids and have 4 grandkids.  I knew they would understand, if Ron wasn't up to "standards", that I had done my best.  I wasn't too happy that Ron wore his long pants (I think he is shy about his legs, now), and then laid in bed, getting cat hair all over them.  Then I had to lint brush them and try to make him look presentable. 

Funny how, in spite of everything, I still want to impress them. 

They came to get us.  I brought her in the house (I had warned her it was a mess) and introduced her to the cats; well, Baby Girl and Torbie.  Biscuit fled, under the bed, I presume, when he heard her. 

She got some pictures of the girls, then me holding each one (I got cat hair all over my shirt).  We left.  It was raining.  Dad had rented a Chevy Traverse, I think, so plenty of room for the wheelchair in the back.  He let me handle it.  None of us wants Dad blowing his back on something I do practically every day. 

You could see the cat hair all over Ron's butt, when he got in the car.  Sigh. 

We went to church.  It was fine.  I didn't see a lot of people I knew but that was OK.  It will probably be a while until I can get back.  It's not on a bus line, or in the service area for paratransit.  Basically the black zone. 

We went out to the BBQ place Dad likes, after.  He loves going to this place every time he comes, and one year we went multiple times.  He had brisket, she had ribs, Ron had brisket and links (at least he is eating red meat to build up his blood), and I had a burger.  It was PACKED.  We had a good meal.  Ron did not drink, I think he forgot they sell alcohol, or he didn't want to look like a lush in front of my parents. 

We came home.  I took a nap.  At first I was lonely.  I have gotten spoiled, with Torbie and Biscuit sleeping with me most nights.  Biscuit decided to forgive me for bringing her in, and got in bed with me.  That was a good nap. 

I got up.  Biscuit laid by me on the computer for a while, that's another thing he and Torbie do.  Easy to see my 2 favorites - and then went and vomited twice on the tile floor.  He's a puker, my Biscuit, but very fat so I don't worry about him.  I cleaned it up.  The last thing I needed was Ron rolling through the mess and tracking it all over the house. 

I need to do my God Time, and bag up some candy.  I will do that and probably go right back to bed.  Tomorrow starts very early. 

About the possum: if I weren't mentally ill I would be a lot more concerned, but how do I know it's really there?  I have heard some noise, which could have been the cats.  I saw it once, and I found a half-eaten cracker where I saw the possum, but that was a while ago.  I think it went,and then our handyman fixed it so it couldn't come back.  Biscuit has gone under the bed a couple of time when people came by, so I don't think it's under there.  I venture it would object to Biscuit popping in like that. 

So I'm not going to stress.  But Mom made a good point, I'd better deactivate the trap before I take my little overnight trip.  Hate to have a cat stuck in there 'till we got home. 

Off I go to bag up candy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, I just remembered that I used to enjoy your YouTube videos and came to check and see if you still do them. Do you? Used to love hearing your unusual, infectious laugh! 😂

Heather Knits said...

No, technical difficulties. I will look for my webcam, though.