Friday, June 8, 2018

Run like hell

Slept pretty well with Torbie.  She may be a big, lazy, lump, but she's a lot of fun.  She got on my chest and purred while I petted her, then pawed at my face while I did it.  Slept pretty well considering. 

Up at 3:30, waiting on my 5 AM cab to go to work.  Have all my crap with me so I shouldn't need anything. 

Based on his Facebook posts, I think Ron's boss is going to come by and say hi today.  He's a nice guy. 

It will be interesting to see how work reacts to the news of Ron's hospitalization.  I know the other vendor is dying to hear about him. 

The other vendor really doesn't want to lose Ron as a unofficial partner, I know that.  I will reassure him Ron isn't about to die and keep him posted.  I didn't tell them about the blood transfusion. 

I will, today. 

I finally remembered to bring my pills so I will be set today, I have my morning and evening pills.  I have money for snacks/meals.  I have cab fare.  I have my badge and keys. 

And just because the timing always sucks, I have my "supplies" should I need them.  Timing says better bring them.  This happened on another hospitalization and it was pretty awkward, better to just bring it.  Oh, it was awful, and that was 15 years ago. 

I have my water proof Bible and some candy evangelism.  Ron has bags of Snickers fun size in his bag at the hospital, to give out to nursing staff.  If he remembers. 

I gave the cats some extra food and water today, I don't know when I'll get home but it might be pretty late.  I really doubt Ron would be going home today, so I'm not planning on it.  It's easy enough to bring him home when they discharge him, pop him in the wheelchair, put his bag in his lap, and call a cab.  We know plenty of cabs, and I haven't had any trouble getting rides home from the hospital. 

My cab driver just texted me.  15 minutes out.  Good. 

Work is in a horrible neighborhood.  When he drops me, I will tell him to run like hell. 

No comments: