Monday, June 4, 2018

Some strange drivers today

Our ride to go to the restaurant was late, very late.  One day Ron will realize he needs to plan on them being 30-45 minutes late.  Instead, he changed our pickup "Because they would leave us there too long" and shortened our time, then he had to "fix" it, all because he didn't want to sit around an extra half hour.  Not worth it.  If he had left the original trips in place we would have been fine. 

He shouted at the poor driver.  I felt really bad for the man, who was really nice about it.  Later on he told us he is a minister - looking at his actions, I could tell. 

It was a strange day for drivers.  Going to work, I gave the customary bag of candy to the driver.  She asked for "another one".  I was about to tell her only one per customer when she said "I don't like Paydays.  I want another candy bar."  Ron went off on her and told her if she didn't like the candy, she could give it back.  She didn't want to do that and ate some of the smaller pieces on the way.  But wow - that's taking entitled to a whole new level.  I don't have to give anyone candy.  It's a gift.

We had a good meal, with the same waitress we had last time.  We had a very good meal, but they did put onions on my burger.  I took them off, it was easy.  Thank God they were sliced and not diced. 

After our meal, we went outside to wait.  The driver showed up.  He had a couple of papers, and a bottle of vitamins, in the front seat.  Now, seating is first-come, first served.  You can sit wherever you like, as long as there isn't a person in the seat.  He wouldn't let me sit in the front seat.  Some drivers are strange that way, and they never last long.  They don't want anyone sitting next to them but that's the whole point of the service, to "pack 'em in" and drive them around for a long time, before dropping them off.  You had BETTER get used to someone sitting in that front seat.  If you can't, you're gone. 

I noticed he was doing some strange, ritualistic, behaviors every time he turned.  He didn't take the GPS route, instead making up his own "back road" that just wasted gas and put him out of the way.  And he wouldn't let me sit up front.  I was OK with that.  If someone is that weird I probably don't want to sit next to them, anyway.  But Ron pitched a fit. 

After we got dropped, I finally told Ron, my best guess, the driver is schizophrenic.  He's in the wrong line of work and won't last long. 

I got to work on the bathroom, but first I put the washer on the cleaning cycle.  It needs to be run every month, and I forgot to do it on the first.  I got that going and then I cleaned the bathroom.  I focused on getting rid of the old shower curtain, and cleaning out the tub.  The old shower curtain was pretty bad, and I had a hard time getting the rings unfastened.  I don't know if it was bad coordination or "dumb hands" from my medication, but it was very frustrating.  One, I couldn't get.  I had to get the scissors and just cut around the hole. 

I scrubbed out the bathtub and rinsed it, twice.  "It may not be perfect"  I told him "But it's a lot better than it was."  He got undressed.  It took some doing to get into the tub.  His bad leg kept catching on the edge of the tub, but he was fine.  He got in, happy I hadn't filled the tub.  I told him I figured he would want to set his own temperature.  He did, and filled it almost all the way. 

He washed what he could and then I helped him with the rest.  He was very happy I didn't have to scrub his back, but unhappy when I scrubbed his front.  He carried on like I was boiling him.  The neuropathy must be really bad.  I got him to wash his hair and he rinsed off in the tub.  Then he drained the tub and I used the handheld shower to give him another rinse.  That worked very well. 

Ron doesn't like showers now due to the neuropathy.  The water beating against his skin is very painful, but he is apparently OK being rinsed. 

He got dressed and went back to bed.  Now he's ready for the doctor.  He had left a ring around the tub so I cleaned it AGAIN and worked on hanging the new shower curtain.  I had to take some breaks, I just couldn't get things to GO and I was getting frustrated.  It's like fixing the vending machines - I need to take a break for a couple minutes and do something else, then come back.  I finally got 11 out of 12 (I never did get that one ring open).  It's a little short, but it will work.  As long as I don't spray all over the bathroom when I'm showering I will be happy. 

But I tell you: I'm buying hooks.  I am DONE screwing around with shower curtain rings.  I have done that for 25 years and that's long enough.  Nice to know it is such an easy fix. 

I don't have enough laundry to do a load, so I'm off for that.  It's already 7:30 and I have to get up early tomorrow.  I will probably do half my God Time after I get off the computer here.  Do the rest in the morning. 

I don't know if I mentioned it but I think Torbie, I hope Torbie, climbed up my dresser and got on the top shelf of my closet last night.  Then someone, something, was under my bed later and woke me up.  Really hoping all that was feline. 

I'll keep you posted how it goes at the doctor tomorrow.  Ron's primary doctor is no longer with the clinic, so we are seeing a new doctor. 

No comments: