Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Not good for my illness

I have to balance my chatty nature with an unhappy wrist tendon.  Ugh.  It's the thumb, where it meets the wrist.  I just have to baby it. 

I think I pulled it when I was helping Ron with the change.  We took the change out of the machines yesterday and brought it home. 

We also ran my change and rolled it up.  I never pay with change, only bills.  I save all the change and put it in a jar.  When the jar's full I spend it on various things.  It might be a charity thing.  It might be personal. 

Last night netted me $63.  I can have a lot of fun with that.  Ron gave me a dollar coin when he was sorting change so I went up to $64. 

I plan to get some supplements (mainly something to prevent migraines), maybe a crystal deodorant.  I have plenty of soap so I won't get any of that (that's one thing I tend to hoard when manic, soap). 

I decided to go to bed early.  Customarily, we have a lot of incendiary fun (firecrackers of every type) New Year's night, but no music. 

I forgot about the "kids" in #19, around the corner and down a block - the party animals who go all night until 5 AM whenever they want.  The ones who, when I asked them to please turn it down, I can hear you 2 blocks away, laughed in my face and turned it up.  Yeah, nice people. 

They had to do their bit to drag down the neighborhood, apparently.  They had a very loud, drunken, party.  Very loud.  Very drunk.  Went to 5 AM. 

I wasn't sure if it was them so when I woke up, again, around 4 I put on my bathrobe and went out.  I could hear drunken singing around the corner - it was them.  Alarmingly, when we left for Walmart later they only had the truck and the car out front - so all their buddies left the party driving drunk. 

Thank God I locked the cat door.  I only imprison them during hurricanes, 4th of July, and New Year's. 

So, that sucked.  They basically ruined New Years for everyone.  I got very little sleep, and when I did sleep I had wierd dreams involving Mexican polkas (um-pa-pa).  It's like people from Mexico have one party CD.  They have to play the same CD over and over at every party.  There's no variety to the music.   3 different neighbors.  Same CD. 

I did hope that #2, and #6, on either side of me, were sufficiently annoyed to remember this when they have their next party - that it's really rude to disturb your neighbors and keep them up all night for your party. 

But some people are hypocrites.  They want a nice quiet subdivision so they can sleep every night.  But they want to keep everyone else up all night when they want to party. 

Ron and I have never had a party.  We don't play loud music.  In fact, when Ron got his speakers he walked around outside in the yard to determine what might be "offensive". 

Well, when we had our bathroom repair, I did have a couple of guys sitting around the living room eating pizza and sodas, with some Christian rock at a mild volume (certainly unheard outside). 

Anyway, #19 are renting.  I have a couple of options.  I can write a letter to the landlord.  I'm a decent writer, my letters tend to get results.  I put it in terms they understand "What are they doing to your property?  Maybe it's time for an inspection!"   When I went over there to ask them to turn it down, the house had a horrific stench of mold, or something stale and dead (the door was open).  Serious issues there.  And it's safe to say young, stupid, selfish kids are not going to keep the house up to standards. 

I can also just wait it out.  Young kids like that will move on, or get evicted.  The landlord is bound to make an inspection sometime, right? 

I'm inclined to wait it out.  But it's frustrating, because virtually everyone else (about 300 houses) in the subdivision is super quiet and respectful of the other 299.  I am worried they will "drag it down". 

At any rate, I won't make any choices on 4 hour's sleep (that's including the nap).  We all know sleep deprivation is not good for my illness.  I took everything early. 

I got up early and decided to modify my God Time a little.  I have 2 Daily Bibles.  One goes through the Bible Chronologically, the other goes through in traditional order.  I decided to read the "Chronological" in it's entirety every morning, and the traditional in the evening.  Big decisions! 

I didn't take a shower, too tired.  Besides, I was only going to Walmart.  We had really nice drivers to and from.  I made my deposit and spent about $30.  I got some whey protein, greek yogurt, milk, generic 2 liter diet colas, salty snacks, and some TV dinners.  Ron got a new water filter cartridge (faucet mount) cheetos, and cat treats. 

I put everything in an insulated bag and a oversized tote bag.  We had a rather long ride home (shared ride service), I was glad I had the insulated bag! 

I got home, put it all up, took all my pills, and took a nap.  I slept for a while. 

Now I just need to do my God Time and eat my "to go" hamburger from McDonald's at Walmart, before I get my butterbur and a Bible cover. 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Happy New Year to you Heather, and Ron, and the kitties!

I listened to the neighbor's kids (and dads, I think the dads had even more fun, lol) set off their fireworks, they were pretty low-key about it except right at the New Year, and didn't stay out very late-I like hearing it anyway, it made me happy to hear people enjoying this celebration as families in a time-honored way.

I had my New Years mimosa (champagne and a splash of orange juice. I have a drink twice a year-New Year and my birthday. It's no hardship to pass it up, I don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks-I'd rather have a real Coke in a glass bottle from Mexico, made with the cane sugar. Now that's a treat!) Once in a while with a good meal I have a glass of Apothic Red-I only like red wine, and I really only like this one. But I don't like any of it more than that Coke, lol.

I didn't make my usual cabbage with corned beef and potatoes, and black-eyed peas. DH will be out of town, and I can't eat all that by myself-and it's one of those dishes that you must make a whole pot of, like beans or gumbo, or it just doesn't taste right. To my taste, none of that freezes well (my husband thinks the gumbo is fine frozen, so I put some up just for him).

DH has a business friend in another state who makes the most delicious, fork-tender smoked brisket-now I'm craving some and need to call DH to see of his friend made it, and to bring me some. He makes a sauce to put on the side, but the brisket is so perfect, it would be sacrilege to put sauce on it!

I'm also craving Outback's Chopped Salad, with the blue cheese crumbles and bits of praline pecan, and a dressing which I can't figure out to save my life. I've tried to make it at home using those "copycat" recipes, but it never tastes the same. Now I'm going to call in an order to pick up-they bring it right to your car, lol-only in America!

I also love Olive Garden's salad-so simple, yet so utterly cold, fresh, and crisp. I've also tried to duplicate that one at home, but again, it's just not the same (and I can buy their dressing bottled, lol). I know it's just generic Americanised bagged salad, but it's so darn cold and crisp, I've never seen a wilted piece or brown edge in the bowl. I usually get those wonderful peppers (pepperoncini?) on the side, because I love them!
I don't care anything about their other food, except the Cappellini Pomodoro (too simple to mess up, for them at least), and the Pasta E Fagioli soup, and that's it. I don't have a sweet tooth, but the few times I've had dessert, it's always the tiramisu-it's not too sweet. (Yes, I also always get this to go, unless my three nieces are visiting, they consider it their mission of mercy to drag me out of my perfectly comfortable home to go sit amongst a bunch of strangers and eat, lol).

Anyway, again, a Happy and Blessed New Year to you all, and now I'm off to place an order for Outback's Chopped Salad to go, and then drive to pick it up with that only-in-American curb service, lol. And to call my DH to bring some of that brisket home!