Saturday, January 4, 2014

No one likes my drama

I was just thinking "No one's interested in our drama".  I decided to check my stats.  Over 3,000 hits in the last month.  I guess I'm interesting enough. 

So, last night, MORE drama with the #19 party machine.  They went until 11 or so. 

Mr #6, next door, is a hardworking father of 5.  He has his own business and works 12 hour days, often even on weekends.  I can hear his front door open and close when I'm lying in bed (that zero property line again!).  His wife loves Baby Girl and told me she was cute. 

Last night, after hours of ruckus, I'm in bed, I heard his front door open.  I could hear the small children crying fretfully in a make-it-stop sort of way.  Remember, this is the second big party in 4 days.  I heard the door shut.  Nothing for about 5 minutes.  About the time I heard the door open and close again, the party machine turned it down. 

Apparently he made them stop.  Even the police can only "suggest" they turn it down; but they can't enforce it. 

Today Ron asked me to contact the landlord.  My landlord letters work pretty well.  However, the house has just been sold - to two older Latina ladies with different last names.  The house is only a 3 bedroom, so the renters look to be on the way out (there are 3 renters already). 

Our #19 party machine nightmare looks to be over on the 10th.  Please, God.  Somehow (rubbing my chin) I kind of doubt they're going to leave the house in prime condition. 

Not only that, I woke up after 5 hours of sleep feeling really energized.  Ron and I went to Walmart, I got some milk and cereal, a little pasta, and some 2 liter fake diet dr peppers.  Ron is always horrified if I drink a generic brand soda, I don't tell him.  I like it, that's what matters. 

We came home.  Ron did something nice for the driver.  I love that my husband is a kind and generous man. 

I took a nap (while I could, I figured).  I slept about 4 hours.  I got up and took a shower (didn't before).  I'm a little mixed. 

For you civilians, that means manic AND depressed.  I was a little manic, THEN a little depressed.  Thank God, that's a lot better than both at once - both at once leads to a lot of suicides.  That's why I take my Depakote. 

I was depressed in the morning, but a little manic after my shower.  I called Mom and Dad, watched TV, Facebooked, and talked to Ron.  Ron had me looking up physics principles and reading him articles.  He loved it. 

It all went right over my head.  My IQ has definitely taken a hit on my medication, but I'm nicer, so I'll take it. 

Since we'll have bad weather Monday and Tuesday, Ron's having us work tomorrow.  I'm fine with that.  We also have a little breakfast date but I'll tell you about that tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What drama you have in your life, doesn't frustrate me or make me impatient, because it's not drama that you create, and you always try to deal with in such a way as to get the drama to stop somehow, rather than thriving on it and ratcheting it up more. That's the drama I don't care for, the drama that people create and keep going because they love being the star of their own little soap opera. I know that some people who are like that can even be otherwise lovely, likable people, but they always expect a reaction from you to their ongoing self-made drama, and it's draining, especially when you're already not really a "people person" or an extrovert to begin with, and it drains you just to put yourself out there to people in a normal way. I have even become remote, hopefully in a non-obvious way, to a couple of family members, because their ongoing, self-inflicted drama-especially at their ages-is just too much, I don't have the patience. What's really funny is that they are so oblivious to this, that they have tried to use their drama to "bond" with me, never realising that drama just makes me that much more remote. If there is something tangible and reasonable that I can do for them-well, I'm your huckleberry, because I understand that, it makes sense. But to just be the captive audience to their Lifetime Channel story-of-the-week, which story they relish even as they moan and complain-no, thank you ma'am.

I'm a good listener, as long as you have a punch line-by which I mean, at least a lead on a sensible solution to whatever out-of-the-ordinary event (and it should be out-of-the-ordinary, not the running story of your life 24/7/365), or maybe ask for my input to one (I wait to be asked, I do understand that sometimes just venting helps to order your thoughts and get perspective on things so that you find the solution yourself).

But for a lot of reasons, I never as long as I live want to get bound up in a relationship of any kind with a person who lives for drama. Just one of those reasons being that, no matter how hard you try to remain apart from it, people like that just aren't going to let you. They love drama, why would they let you escape from the "fun"?!