Sunday, January 5, 2014

Killing a sacred cow

I'm pretty tired, so my writing will probably suffer. 

We had a long day. 

I got up early, did my God Time AND my shower.  Yay.  I wore my jeans and a t-shirt. 

Ron and I had a date at Carl's Jr.  We haven't been to the restaurant in about 15 years. 

Everyone in Texas seems to adore Whataburger.  Ron and I went to one a few times, but upon a basic bathroom inspection it was so filthy and disgusting just the name "Whataburger" makes me gag.  I was not impressed with the prices, or the fried hamburgers either.  If I want a fried hamburger I'll go to McD's. 

I think the devotion to Whataburger stems more from memories of fun times at the restaurant,  not the "excellence of the food".  At least in my opinion. 

I want a good charbroiled burger, with a good BBQ sauce on a fine bun, bacon and cheese.  I used to get them at Carl's Jr. 

Ron and I met at a Carl's, and I worked there for about a year.  I always loved the food. 

I do think Arby's has a better fry, but everything else is better at Carl's.  As far as I remembered, that is. 

After all, it has been a good 15 years since I ate a Western Bacon Cheeseburger.  Imagine my joy when Carl's came to town. 

However, Ron and I didn't go for a while because I was, frankly, afraid they sucked now. 

When I saw a sign stating the Western Bacon Cheeseburgers were 2 for $5, Ron and I figured it was time to give them a shot.  They had horrible internet reviews, though. 

We went anyway. 

Oh, it was delicious.  Better than I remembered!  I was so happy eating that burger!  The employees were incredibly nice and attentive.   They even had Diet Dr Pepper! 

Oh, it was a lovely dining experience.  Ron and I even got some to go, and I ate mine for dinner.  I have never been happier to take my pills. 

It was a great date, and a great start to the day.  Then we went home for a bit. 

We went to the warehouse and got some stuff for work, then off to work.  We got everything stocked.  The canned soda machine is being a butt again, we need to replace the coin mech.  Happily that is a covered repair. 

I need to buy more flaming hot cheetos.  I cannot keep them stocked!  I also need some pastry. 

I had bought a few large packets of crackers at Walmart, and stocked them.  I was really unhappy with Sam's selection - 1, they were almost out of code already and 2.  it's not a very good brand.  I hope they bring back the Austin.  If not I'll keep shopping Walmart. 

I got the crackers stocked, happy the coils were stuffed with good merchandise.  I found one with a wierd cracker in it, so Ron gets to eat that.  I don't want an unhappy customer. 

We finished early so we hung out in the stockroom and talked for a while.  We had a windchill in the 30's, not exactly good weather for waiting outside on Metrolift.  The driver was kind of confused and kept driving past us, but he found us eventually and we came home. 

Since it will be very cold, I wrapped the hose "faucets" outside, and I also wrapped the natural gas pipe.  I've heard stories of them freezing.  I'd rather have it wrapped and know it's fine, then kick myself later. 

#2 had their "12th night" January 6th party.  His baby mama had been gone for a few weeks, I'd wondered if she had gone visiting or left him completely.  She came back so I guess visiting.  They have been completely quiet.  Praise God. 

The weather sure helped. 

While petting Baby Girl, I found some worms.  Yuck.  You can bet I boiled my hand washing up. 

Then I got the tablets and wormed her.  Well, I got one.  She was pretty unhappy, and really wanted to hurt me. 

I got a towel and wrapped her, and had Ron hold her in place.  Then I got pill #2 down the hatch.  She was pretty upset for a few hours, but fine when we got home from work.  In fact, she seems very energized. 

Next time, I'll use the liquid wormer, wrap, and have Ron hold the cat before I approach. 

I really don't want stitches. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really should avoid having animals of any kind sharing the same bed as you. Worms being one of many reasons. I think this is the second time for your cats having worms that I have read about on your blog.

Heather Knits said...

She goes outside and reinfects herself. It would be impossible to keep her in with Ron (blind and slow).

The last time she had worms I couldn't get the full dose in her. I think this will do it.

Unless I eat right after touching her anus, I'm good. That's never going to happen. I always wash my hands after petting them because I have allergies.

I also take herbal stuff every day, broad spectrum - it would kill any parasite. :)

I do wish Torbie (the non wormy one who sleeps with me) would take up

Heather Knits said...

I wish she would take up *less* of the bed, though.

Anonymous said...

You do realize that the worms can crawl into your bed with you seeing as you petted her and got worms on yourself. Just really gross and not sanitary at all.

Heather Knits said...

The cats do not sleep between my legs. I'm not worried.

You can get parasites riding public transit (a thought I've often considered when riding in a filthy paratransit cab), eating food (including salad), or any number of things.