Monday, January 6, 2014

Dangerous things

I love diversity. 

I love the fact that I can find Mexican food right next to a Vietnamese Pho house, even though I have yet to try the latter.  I love the different cultures. 

I just wish they could be consistent. 

January 6 is a big Mexican holiday.  All well and good.  Tonight is literally freezing cold and miserable, I doubt the party will last. 

I just wish everyone celebrated it the same day!  #19 had the party on Friday.  #2 had the party last night.  #6 is having their party (complete with maniacal soccer kids) tonight.  I'm pretty sure they'll move inside and I'll be able to sleep in an hour or so. 

It's just a little annoying, and baffling, the party has been going on for days now.  Oooh!  January 6! 

[rolleyes]  Don't get me wrong, overall #2 and #6 (I'm in 4) are overall really quiet.  My aunt would be the first to tell me I don't understand raising "little boys".  The teenager next door and his cousin are clearly burning off a lot of energy.   They can't run around like that in a thousand-some square foot house with several other people. 

Am I aggravated by the "party"?   No.  I just wish everyone would get on the same schedule, or at least leave me a note a day or two in advance so I can adjust my sleep cycle. 

But they don't know I'm "crazy" and they don't understand the importance of regular sleep.  If they did know I had issues they'd probably get worse - it's human nature to tease "dangerous things". 

So I keep my mouth shut.  It's hellishly cold. The boys are running around but they can't do that forever.  They'll get tired and cold, go in, warm up, and probably come out another time or two.  It's what I used to do 30 years ago, in the cold. 

Even the cats are running in and out, tonight.  Happily just our two. 

One way or another, I'll get some sleep and Ron's given me tomorrow off.  They have to go to school.  The father has to work.  Mom has to tend 3 "littles". 

I forgot to mention something in yesterday's blog.  Yesterday they went to church, and left the gate open.  I walked over and had a look at the side of my house (about 8 feet of my house serves as the property line/fence "zero property line"). 

It looks fine, like the day Pete fixed it.  Good. 

I felt a little ashamed.  I feel like I should have trusted God further with this - He has done so much for my home and I really need to trust Him more with the details.  Especially since #4 told my church friends he and his wife are saved. 

It's not a big deal and tonight I really know it - not like the last time.  It's always a huge victory when I can get on top of my illness.

No comments: