Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"No one wants you run over again"

Note to readers, I have the blog set to "comment moderation". 

What does that mean?  It means I delete the spam before anyone sees it.  You just wasted a good minute of your life over nothing. 

Speaking of life, I've been pretty tired. 

When we transport merchandise from the warehouse, we are limited to about 6 cubic feet (2x3x1 foot high).  When we need a lot of merchandise, that means 2-3 trips. 

Yesterday we made two trips, in addition to stocking.  To make things even more lively, there is literally no place for us to wait out front any more. 

We are relegated to Ron, sitting in a folding chair, literally by the side of the road.  However, today I managed to arrange something better. 

If anything might even remotely brush against a security issue, I don't talk about it. 

Did you know, when I was a kid, my Dad had a high security government job?  He used to take me there on the weekends.  His secretary would "help" me color and entertain me as Dad worked.  It was a secure federal building and Dad always drummed the importance of proper security, keep the bad guys out. 

Amazing the things that stick, in little minds.  When I learned to read (about the time Dad remarried) they cut off my access. 

So, yesterday and today, it's Ron in a chair, sitting near the very road that killed him.  The street he was crossing is the very street that runs in front of the plant.  That was a little wierd for me.

"I'm glad my meds are right." I told him.  "Or I'd be freaking out."  (I take two mood stabilizers, and antipsychotic, and an antidepressant).  

Happily that is over. 

By the time I got home yesterday, I was so tired I didn't even do my God Time.  I just went straight to bed.  I needed it.  I still woke up exhausted. 

This morning Varmit (aka Baby Girl) left a grasshopper in the shower.  Boy, that woke me up quick.  It was still alive and tried to climb my naked leg. 

Yes, the cat is still alive.  The grasshopper was not as fortunate (I think I boiled it with the shower water). 

I got everything washed, brushed my teeth, and applied my deodorant.  I really like the "Lafe's Deodorant Stone".  I got one from Swanson when I made my order.  It was only a few dollars and should last about a year.  I've been using it for about a week. 

The trick, according to the reviews, is applying the dry stone to the wet armpit, after your shower.  About 15 rubs per pit.  Works for me. 

Some of that other stuff can cause problems.  For whatever reason, I can get skin abcesses and cysts easily.  I need to breathe - the antiperspirants block the pores.  Then I get cyts and infections. 

I don't stink.  The customers are happy.  Enough on that. 

I pulled my hair back in a ponytail, as always.  I like simple. 

I put on my black pocket t-shirt and jeans.  Ron said it might be windy so I wore my long underwear.  It actually got "nice" later - about 70 and sunny, so I didn't necessarily need it but I didn't overheat, either. 

We did a repeat of yesterday, stopping at the warehouse.  I got the wrong items but Ron was very nice about my confusion, saying we did need them anyway.  We went to work, put them in the fridge, and went back to the warehouse.  We had kind of a long ride getting there but the driver was really nice. 

Ron called in a compliment.  I love that about him. 

We got the rest of the merchandise and went back to work, unloading, loading the cart, off to our vending area after a stop by the fridge.  We stocked everything. 

Snacks look FANTASTIC.  I hope the complainers "Your machines are empty" from last year stop by for a look.  The bottle vendor is behaving.  Canned sodas and the food machine are good, too. 

Once we got everything done, I made some inquiries and found a better way to get us to and from work.  Like I told Ron "No one wants you run over again". 

We took the cart back to the stockroom and locked it up, heading out to wait by the road.  Our ride came pretty fast. 

The driver had 2 other clients in the vehicle.  One of them was in a wheelchair, one was blind.  The blind woman kept asking Ron why we weren't in the "Blind support" on West Gray. 

"He's got me for that" I responded. 

"Oh"  She was surprised, but kept insisting Ron had to go. 

Ron doesn't really hang out with the - Ron does not hang out with the blind community, with the exception of the other vendor.  Ron was raised to work hard and take as little as possible.  I concur. 

Some groups want to take as much as possible and have their little gossip clubs.  That's fine, especially if you're newly disabled or whatever, but for a business owner with limited free time... no thanks. 

That's exactly what Ron told her.  "No thanks". 

We finally made it home.  I had a hearty and nutritious meal of oreos and milk (I'll have a whey protein later).  Ron ate some Cheetos. 

Tomorrow is mostly off.  We have to get supplies and stock at the secondary location, but out of that we're off. 

Yay! 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't your dad allow your step mom to mistreat you when you were a child? So much for keeping the bad guys out on that front.

Heather Knits said...

That, I'm leaving to God.

Do I think she hated me? No. I think she was a stressed out woman raising 2 special needs children (my stepbrother and me). Did she handle the stress well? No.

But, God will make all clear. It took me a very long time to realize that only God can show Dad the truth.

Jillian said...

You sound like me re ponytail and shower! That's my mommy style these days!