Sunday, January 12, 2014

The way I see it

I just got over a migraine so I may be incoherent. 

Someone I know is upset.  People are attacking her relative.  Why?  She is posting provocative questions "Why do teenagers get pregnant and fall on the taxpayers?" 

Let's take a minute to analyze this.  You're attacking other people's life decisions.  That's like posting on a gay page "Why do you want to commit those acts and then 'fall on the taxpayers' when you get AIDS?"  Yeah, you'll get a response, and maybe you'll feel "better" for having asked it, but is that gay community going to be open to your witness, or the Gospel, after that?  Heck no.  [I am a firm believer in love everyone into the Kingdom.  Yes, "you" sin.  So do "I".  No sin is worse than any other, but all will send us to hell.]

I told her, a question like that is an attack on the person.  "Well, it wasn't intended that way".  How could you post something like that and NOT assume people would get angry at you? 

The way I see it, the end goal in any contact with the unreached is salvation.  How can setting people against you, and your message, acheive that goal?  You can't.  Not unless, I suppose, you apologized. 

The end goal of any contact with the unreached is salvation. 
The end goal of any contact with the unreached is salvation.

It's up to each Christian to figure out how God wants you to do that. 

That means: I display a good witness.  I share the truth in Love.  While I share some hard truths, I do so in the context that I am also a sinner.  I am only where I am due to my acceptance of God's Grace.  You can have it, too.  I pray every day you get saved.   

And I never, ever, attack people for their life decisions. 

I saw 2 very sad things online. 
The first, a thread on abortion.  Many "Christians", and plenty I respected, tore the woman to pieces when she admitted she had an abortion when she was unreached. 

1.  You can't hold an unsaved, unreached person to the same standard as a believer. 
2.  You haven't lived their life, with their experiences. 

So, who am I to call you names?  It's not Biblical.  Jesus called the hypocritical Pharisees just that.  He said they were whitewashed walls, covering their sin. 

I thought it was awful, watching the carnage (and this must have been a good 13 years ago), this poor woman, clearly in tears, trying to get some consolation and reassurance that God still loved her.  Of course He does.  And I said that.  I also yelled at some of the buttheads. 

I tend to be very protective. 

In the second case, a woman was sharing how she was being verbally and physically abused.  I encouraged her to get out.  The board administrator basically came along and said she was causing her own pain, she wasn't submissive enough, and when she "honored his role in her life" she would find peace. 

Telling a battered woman to submit to the abuse, "In Jesus' name, Amen?"  I had no words.  I just left.   I had heard of this, now I'd seen it. 

God calls us to share the gospel with people, so they can get saved.  There are many ways to do this.  My husband shares his testimony, and tracts.  I stand on a ghetto corner with a Free Bibles sign, and pray daily for everyone (even you, and I pray good things).  A friend of mine dresses up as a character from a movie and hands out tracts in public areas.  Someone else I know has a mardi gras ministry. 

You know what I don't see?  People having an online attack ministry, attacking various groups and alienating them to the gospel.  God doesn't want us to do that. 

At any rate, I did ask the woman to prayerfully consider how God wants her to help get these girls saved.  I hope she listens. 

If not, I pray she DOESN'T "witness".  It will just put a huge stumbling block to them ever getting saved one day. 

1 comment:

Jillian said...

This made me think of this song...

http://youtu.be/ipwEtvWL_3c