Sunday, January 12, 2014

In tears

Last night, suffering with a horrible migraine, I blew up at Ron twice. 

Let me tell you, losing my temper during a migraine is not something I ever want to repeat.  Like I told him "My threshold is down" due to the pain, but it was still awful. 

"I can't believe" I told Ron tearfully "That you fell for it.

Ron had told me the story of the young man who  apparently has a long history of delusional disorder.  He was not (apparently) taking his medication because he kept having meltdowns.  When he had the meltdowns and became threatening, his parents would call the police to come out and talk him down. 

Now, let's Heatherize this.  He's not taking his medication.  That, it the beginning, middle and end of the story.  If he were taking his medication as directed he would not have had these episodes.  His parents apparently were OK living with him like this - they never once said they had tried to enforce him taking medication. 

Also, if I won't take a daily antipsychotic they have the monthly shot in the butt psychotic for the "bad boys".  A friend of Ron's takes that shot, the Haldol. 

I take Haldol tablets, just in case it's your first time with me.  I also take two mood stabilizers and an antidepressant, too.  7 pills a day.  Horrid side effects (like migraines).  And no one's had to call the police, ever. 

So, the unmedicated goes off the deep end again.  His parents call the police to "make him stop" - when they could have prevented it by encouraging him to take his medication.  Trust me "If you don't get that monthly shot I'm throwing your @ss out!" would have worked.  But {shrug] they didn't.  Maybe they didn't think he was "that bad". 

At any rate a police officer shot him.  Gang, this is the USUAL ending in these stories.  When you call the police because someone's psychotic and threatening, they will treat it the way they do any other threat.  That usually ends in gunfire and parents asking "Why did the police murder my baby?". 

How about "Why didn't I make him take his pills so no one had to shoot him"? 

No comments: