Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Two Indulgences and some hot fries

Ron's a little traumatized right now, looking under my bed.  He's trying to find the crazy circle.  He's finding a LOT of books.  I should have made a video blog "Ron goes under the bed". 

I do feel a little smug, imagining the guy who robbed my house a year ago, trying to find "the good stuff" under the bed... and finding absolutely nothing.  No cash, no credit cards, no jewelry, no weapons... just books and assorted items (Ron found some pens, a candy bar wrapper, and an eyeglass case). 

We had today off.  Last night, I was working on a moderate headache when I went to bed.  I slept OK but the headache stuck around.  I decided hot water was not my friend today and took a birdbath instead of a shower. 

We had to give Baby Girl her next dose of worm stuff.  She was pretty pissed and avoided us both for hours. 

We went to Walmart.  I had a slow bathroom drain (the sink).  I only have 2 sinks in the house, the kitchen and the bathroom.  Both are running very slow.  We've lived in the house for nearly 10 years without cleaning the drains.  I figure they're about due. 

While at Walmart, I got the Liquid Plumber Slow Drain Formula (orange bottle).  Pour it down, leave it for an hour, run hot water for 5 minutes.  It worked very well. 

I need to get another bottle for the kitchen sink "Safe for Garbage Disposal".  I hope it works as well in the kitchen sink as it did in the bathroom. 

I have no problem promoting products in the blog - I only object to putting up ads for anything.  If I like it, you'll know.  I have a big mouth. 

My head still bothering me, I got some other stuff... (checking receipt).  Toilet drops.  You put a drop in the toilet before you (ahem).  It works.  Drain cleaner, already talked about that. 

I looked at room fresheners.  Ron has pretty bad allergies when it comes to fragrance, so I'd moved him off.  Ron was sitting in the seat, mounted onto the shopping cart.  I call them the "kiddie carts".  Anyway, Ron was thinking about work and apparently looked distressed.  A woman came over trying to save him.  I made a joke about leaving him further in the woods next time. 

Ron needs to return his talking book machine.  We needed strapping tape (the post office does not want you using duct tape - they want strapping tape).  I found some with a Christmas design.  The standard strapping tape is $3.  This was 74 cents.  I cackled over my good bargain for a while, and told Ron "A hoarder would buy all of them, but we only need one so that's it". 

I got some diet soda, cans and 2 liters. 

Last but not least, I got ... it. 

I've been wanting to get it for a while.  Both our girls (cats) are pretty frisky and love to play.  So, I got the Cat's Meow toy.  You can google it.  I might put up the video I made. 

It was $20 but I did have it.  I got some cheap batteries, just in case the girls hated it.  If they liked it, I figured, I'd get some rechargables. 

When we got home I put up the frozen items.  Baby Girl was bugging Torbie, who was making annoyed meows and hissing.  I set up the toy and called them. 

Instant peace as they analyzed it and attacked it.  They did it companionably, a nice change from the pestering and hissing of a few minutes ago. 

Worth it. 

That was my first indulgence.  I love to spoil my cats. 

We had bought some drinks, at Walmart, for our primary and secondary location.  We left and went to our secondary location. 

Ron stocked the machine while I shopped (pretty good deal!).  I wanted a Bible cover for my Bible.  I found a nice one after about 20 minutes.  It has an organizer cover and pockets.  I may show it off in a video blog. 

I tend to give my Bibles away, so I didn't want anything expensive (the Bible itself cost me $12).  $20 seemed like a good price point.  It's a little funny when you think of the cover costing more than the actual Bible. 

I also found some cute clings (decorations mounted onto glass, normally windows, but vending machine glass fronts work great too) in a Valentine's design.  I got a sheet.  When I paid, everything cost $18, the Bible cover was on sale.  Yay! 

Second indulgence. 

That location is doing pretty well so we will be going back soon. 

I went to a nearby dollar store, my head still bothering me.  It's just now improving. 

I got some snacks for both of us (Ron's partial to hot peanuts), and a few household things.  I went back and time to go home. 

I tried to take a nap but couldn't.  Torbie came by for a nice cuddle, so I savored her.  She is such a sweetie.  I hope she's as happy as I am.  She is just the perfect, sweetest, cat. 

"Nobody wants the older cats" they told me at the shelter.  Please, if you are thinking about getting a cat look at the older shelter cats first.  I've had 3 older cats and they've all been awesome. 

I had an assignment for Ron when we got home: eat the hot fries.  One of our drivers mentioned he really liked eating them.  I got a bag.  Ron ate them.  He says they are very good and should enter the lineup.  They will. 

I only eat hot things when I have a headache - the capsacin helps with the nerves or something. 

That's it. 

No comments: