Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A small mania

From what I heard from a couple of Facebook friends, heat pumps don't cut it.  They are frozen and miserable. 

I am surprised how many people I know don't have redundancies in heating, especially further north.  In Houston, it's never cold for long, but in other states they could be snowbound for a while.

Do you have a fireplace? 
Do you have a kerosene or propane space heater? 
If you have gas, do you have an electric space heater? 
Do you have plenty of bedding to stay warm?  The old fashioned stuff, not the plug-ins. 

Ron adores the wool socks I gave him, nice, thick, and warm.  I have a hard time gettimg them off!  I'm glad he likes them. 

My favorite socks are a little looser in the foot.  I apparently have very wide feet and "Ron's" socks were too tight. 

I also have some long underwear - boy that stuff is nice when I'm outside in frigid temperatures, with a wind chill, waiting on our ride.  I have to wait outside in an exposed location so they can find us.  Not always fun.  But, add the long underwear to the wool socks, a Hot Hands, a nice knit hat, and my coat, it's not too bad. 

I wish I'd bought more Hot Hands.  Walmart completely sold out.  I'm not surprised.  I'm down to my last 4-pack. 

It shouldn't be bad tomorrow, high in the 60's.  I had to wonder, though. 

We have a cat door, in our garage door.  At a right angle, inside the garage, we have another cat door entering the house.  I had to wonder just what might have come in the cat door, in the garage, to get a little warmth!  If anything did, it didn't leave any signs or interact with the cats.  I wouldn't be suprised if a stray cat or two hid out (I'm fine with that).  Years ago, I found a strange cat eating out of the food bowl, in the kitchen.  Frosty (the white cat) wasn't too happy when he found it. 

Today's accident day, the anniversary of Ron's accident. 

Ron gave me the day off so I took it easy.  We ran to Walmart, I spent about $10.  I got some more soda and a few snack items. 

When we got home, I did my God Time. 

After that, I took a long bath with some cedar oil.  That was nice.  Cedar oil is supposed to be cleansing and detoxifying.  I love the scent.

I took a shower after that, and washed my hair a few times.  I didn't wash it yesterday or this morning, I DID NOT want to go out into feels like 11 degrees with wet hair.  I'd rather have slightly greasy hair. 

Of course, it seemed like I saw everyone I knew today. 

It took me 3 times to wash my hair completely, it's thick.  I cleaned the hair out of the drain (I have a pop up so I had to take it out first).  I found a nice handful of hair, and the shower drains a lot faster now. 

I even shaved my legs.  Yay.  Let's hear it for a small mania. 

I dried off and took a nap.  I tried to get Torbie to join me but she left.  I slept a couple of hours and had nightmares.  It's like my sleep regulator.  I think I'd have a much harder time getting up without the nightmares. 

I don't usually remember them, once I'm up. 

After I got up, I ordered some coin rolls and bill validator cleaners.  I bought the latter with my own money. I have an old, tricky, bill validator and it's not taking any money.  I hope the cleaner will help, because it doesn't have any flashing lights that'd indicate an interior malfunction.  Plus, it's a good thing to have on hand, anyway.

I told Ron, if the cleaner works, the business can pay me back. 

Ron and I did most of the month-end accounting work, with Torbie helping.  We gave her a few treats. 

I put the work Christmas trees in the garage, wondering if I'd find a "friend".  I didn't.  At least I don't think I did. 

That's the kind of thing that can eat at me, if I miss my Haldol (antipsychotic). 

I had a headache so I had to take an Excedrin, which kind of fed the mania a little bit. 

Ron's a little freaked - the gas bill went from $40 to $100.  He turned down the thermostat; that's why I like a lot of blankets when I'm sleeping, or nice fuzzy slippers when I'm awake. 

I have a little fun money in my account, I might get a Bible cover today.  My two contenders are an orange canvas, about $10 plus shipping, or a leather one off Etsy for $20.  No, not getting the Etsy one.  The description is confusing.  I sent a question and he sent me back to the description. 

Now, as a small business owner myself, I bend over backwards for my customers.  My worst nightmare: they come to me for help and walk away saying [sarcasm] "Thanks a LOT."  [shudder] 

I am bothered I left work for 2 days with no Flaming Hot Cheetos.  That's how I roll. 

Looks like I'm getting the orange one.  That's good, CDB (Christian Book Distributors) sells a really good "Read Your Bible in a Year" tract I like to put in the Bibles, anyway. 

No comments: