Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I may end up in a ditch but I'm OK with that.

The driver was horrified.  "You did what?"

"I called the police" I repeated.  "They were very interested to hear about him." 

"You can't do that!" she uttered, distraught.  It's then I remembered the old ghetto code "Snitches in ditches/snitches with stitches". 

Well, I may end up in a ditch but I'm OK with that. 

It's my day off.  We just went to Walmart.  Everyone in public is sick and we really didn't need anything outside a Walmart. 

Our ride was late, and then she had some other pickups.  She wasn't the best driver.  I got pretty carsick and that never happens. 

She began exclaiming as we approached an intersection, and I leaned forward to look (I was seated in the back because the other client had spread her stuff out all around her on the seats).  I saw a beautiful, new pickup.  The body was perfect, but the back window was completely bashed out. 

As we passed him, I saw everything on the driver's side had been smashed, too.  Both windows.  As we came in front of him I saw his windshield was destroyed, but still in place.  The driver, hunched over in a hoodie, was hispanic.  I don't know how he could see out the windshield. 

I memorized the plate and called the police.  Like I said, they were VERY interested to meet this guy.  [Didn't tell the police because they already knew it: If nothing else he should only be going to the auto glass store.  He has a huge driving hazard with the windshield.] 

"I think he's been up to shenanigans." I said, before I hung up.   

The driver was angry that I was "siccing" the police on "A guy who is probably innocent.  Maybe they robbed his car." 

"I've seen that" I replied.  "And they only take out one window.  I'd bet money some guns were fired."  She got very agitated, bouncing in her seat. 

"You shouldn't have called!"

"Why?  Snitches in ditches?"  She stopped bouncing, surprised I knew "the rule". 

I faced Ron as I said it: "I'd rather end up in a ditch for doing the right thing then help a bad guy get away with a possible murder."  Ron nodded and agreed with me. 

Something bad happened in or around that truck. 

No comments: