Wednesday, January 22, 2014

OMG yum yum noises

I tend to forget things. 

Today, at Walmart Ron asked for tomatoes.  A while back, I got him 2 boxes of assorted gourmet cherry tomatoes.  Ron loves tomatoes and ate both in a few days. 

"I'm sorry" he apologized

"Ron," I told him "I want you to eat them all!"  He was happy.  He was really happy when I told him I hate all tomatoes unless I'm the one who grew them. 

The last time I went to the dollar store (the 99cent store actually) they didn't have the tomatoes.  They did have some salad mix but I didn't have my cold bag. 

Ron has asked for more tomatoes, off and on, since.  I generally forget. 

His right leg is bothering him some so I told him I'd make him some protien shakes, which I will when he finishes eating his chicken.  I made him one and he loved it. 

I use the Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter whey protein powder, obtained at Walmart.  I put it in whole milk. 

I had a talk with Ron recently.  "Just because you are OK, now, eating junk food, doesn't mean you'll always be fine.  You need to eat protein, fruits, and vegetetables." 

The last time I was at the dollar store, I did get Ron some grapes.  The black ones.  He loved them. Good.  I also work on getting him to eat more protein (not so hard on $1 two piece fried chicken special day). 

Today he reminded me about the tomatoes; then he backpedaled "If they're not too expensive, too much trouble, etc.".   We were pretty close to the veggies so I went and had a look.  The organic grape tomatoes looked horrible. 

When I had a veggie garden, Ron always loved the grape tomatoes; and they had a conventional that looked excellent.  I got him a box.  He's been munching on them all day, making OMG yum yum noises. 

Good.  At least I've got something nutritous into him. 

Ron's stubborn.  I can't nag or beg.  I have to present my case and let him think about it.  I also tempt him as much as possible, with things he does like to eat.  "Look!  Nectarines!" 

The trick is finding the highest nutritional value plus the most appeal to Ron.  Ron, for instance, will not touch a green thing ever.  He might eat some celery in tuna salad but that's it.  But how about a cole slaw?   He will lick the bowl. 

Tomatoes, grapes, fresh whole things God made... he will eat those if I can present them in an exciting manner. 

I always wanted to be a nutritionist.  Turns out, I am. 

No comments: