Monday, January 20, 2014

So cute

I love early morning pickups.  We get to work at 4 or so, get it all done.  When you're having your first cup of coffee, we're waiting on our ride home.

However, I hate early evening bedtimes.  Sure as sunrise, the neighbor kids have a rowdy play session, the party machine fires up down the street, or something else keeps me up. 

Last night it was the party machine.  Once I was sure it was them (they have a new CD), I called the police, who came out and settled the matter in 20 minutes.  Of course, by then all my drowsy had fled.  I didn't sleep well. 

As it turns out, neither did Ron.  He said he was cancelling work today (primary location) but we needed to go to the secondary and fix the coin mech (it wasn't giving dimes).  We went back to bed and got a couple extra hours sleep - for me it was pretty restless. 

For whatever reason, my medication can have an energizing effect, if I'm tired.  As it kicks in I get a little manic.  That's a big problem trying to sleep. 

Today, I took it at noon.  Plenty of time to work itself out before I go to bed at, oh, 6 or so. 

At any rate, not a good rest.  Even with primary work out of the location, I still had to get up and go to the other location. 

I did that.  I had planned to delay my God Time but the cats were in the computer room, waiting for me.  I had to go. 

I got the shower and everything.  I have a mild sore throat but I'm hoping I can kill it with my usual lineup. 

Yesterday, waiting on our ride from church, I saw a guy in a safety hat.  It looked like this:
PERFECT for a Bible Handout!  I decided to get one (I haven't bought it yet but I will, I don't want to cook my brains).   I found it for $4, too. 

We went to our secondary location and prepared to attack the coin mech.  It's been a lot of coin mech issues for us, lately.  We had to borrow a phillips head screwdriver.  Ron and I got the thing disassembled, and between us, fixed it. 

Ron was so proud of me (really) listening to me whack the cartridge against the side of the vending machine to loosen the stuck coin.  We got it fixed, filled the change bank again, and remounted it. 

Now, we only had 45 minutes until our ride (agh).  I don't feel crippled unless my medication's affecting me, or I'm waiting on a ride. 

We did it though, and had a pretty good ride home.  "Your cat's waiting in the yard, like a dog".  She was sitting on her hind legs, playing lookout.  Very cute.  She meowed a few times as we opened the door, and came along with us. 

Torbie's been hanging out with Ron, and Baby Girl's been lying by my foot for the last hour or so.  I think she was under my chair (just a basic wooden folding chair) before that. 

Baby Girl.  So cute. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get the hat! Perfect! Anything that will keep you safer on those busy corners.