Thursday, January 2, 2014

"Tell him I already left"

"Ron" I said "You can only eat the cheese dip if you're naked, OK?" 

He mumbled agreement as he handed me the stained jeans.  He "forgot how messy it is" while eating, fully clothed. 

Probably TMI, but I'd be thrilled if he only ate naked, because he is a messy eater! 

We left the house (dressed) and went to the warehouse.  We bought a couple cases of soda.  Let me tell you, the drivers don't mind transporting it at all because I do all the lifting (as I should!).  I did hit my head on the roof when the driver wasn't looking. 

We got to work, it was freezing, a windchill of 20 degrees. Ron huddled on his folding stool while I ran in for the cart.  I brought out the cart and loaded it (I can eat about anything now without gaining weight!). 

I pushed it up the "hill" by the office, and Ron went ahead to open the door for me.  He felt his way along the wall, and I yelled...

SPIDER!  

He flinched and jumped back as I laughed hysterically.  Ron hates spiders, I'm a little manic. 

What a gallant man, he still opened the door.  We got the sodas in the fridge, checked the machines (mostly happy) and realized we need more soda. 

Sometimes I feel like a whore, selling soda.  Then I remind myself I'm crippled and don't have a lot of employment options.   They're adults. 

We made our list, did what we needed to do, and went out to wait on our ride.  Ron found out it was a "cab".  The cab is paid by Metrolift, not the passenger. 

Well, I waited.  Paratransit rules say "Waiting 15 minutes before the scheduled pickup time".  I take that very seriously.  On two occasions we got left. 

I was out there, freezing and waiting.  Another postal worker walked by, and greeted me. He told me Ron was on his way out. 

"Tell him I already left in a cab." I told him, grinning. 

"I can't do that" - shocked.  I continued to grin.  He waited for Ron to get a little closer. 

"You might as well go back, Ron.  She already left in a cab."  Ron went all WHAT? and then heard me laughing. 

I get ornery when I'm manic. 

Later on we got cat food, brought it home, and fed the cats.  I even got a short nap. 

I'm just constantly tired.  I have to think it's just the price I pay for medicated.  Everything I have read from people on lithium - fatigue!  Always! 

It's a lot better than the alternative.  I had some really evil thoughts back in the day.  

No comments: