Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A couple of gripes

If you don't want negative energy feel free to skip.  Now and then things bottle up and I get so peeved I have to do one. 

1.  Pit bulls that get out, acting agressively, and are shot.  Then everyone acts like the dog is the victim.  If the dog is off your property and someone feels threatened, they are ALLOWED to defend themselves.  What are they supposed to do, allow themselves to get eaten? 

Someone's going to say "Not all pits are that way".  I know that.  I was chosen by a huge black pit bull I named Happy back in 2004.  Happy desperately wanted to be my dog, and my insurance company said Hell NO.  We tried to place him with a rescue but no one wanted him.  I had to call the shelter.  It broke my heart. 

However, the majority of the pits I have encountered have been VERY human aggressive, and that's a problem.  Every pit I've known has also been animal aggressive, too, attacking other animals. 

Put a Golden with a cat and they'll be friends, or tolerate each other.  One guy at work left the pit bulls in the house with his cat and came home to carnage.  He was really freaked out and rehomed the dogs. 

If you love the dog and want to keep it alive, keep it on your property.  Do whatever it takes to make that happen. 

I'll say it again, the dogs in and of themselves are not evil.  But they are bred to be highly aggressive.  It's in their nature.  When they appear to be aggressive, and on public, or someone else's private, property - someone is allowed to kill them. 

Ideally, they would confine and trap the dog in a yard or shed, then call animal control, but that isn't always possible.  What if there are small kids around? 

I get so sick of those bleeding heart "poor doggy" posts when it is clear the owner failed to keep the dog confined, it was roaming loose, and terrorized someone with a gun.  They are allowed to use the gun to protect themselves. 

In those cases, the owner killed the dog. 

2.  JW's.  I get so sick of that smug, superior, attitude.  "You don't understand the Bible properly, let me help."  The Bible says if I ask God for understanding, God himself will give it to me.  Link 

"James 1:5
New King James Version (NKJV)
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. "

That's pretty clear.  Mainly, though, I hate the attitude.  They are taught they are the chosen ones, that the rest of "Christendom" is out to get them (not me, but they are going to hell with their doctrines), everyone else is an ignorant ass.. etc.   Want more?  Read Kingdom of the Cults' chapter on the JW's. 

I find that amusing when I have referenced James 1:5 and the "witness" didn't even know the verse.  And YOU want to teach ME the Bible?   I don't have that much brain damage. 

People, it's not that hard.  Sit down every day with a Bible (anything, please, but a New World, Recovery, or New Life Translation).  Ask God to give you understanding OF the Bible.  Start reading.  You can use a reading plan (I have a daily reading plan and a chronological one), or just start at Genesis. 

If you asked me, though, I'd say start at Matthew. 

Anyway, a few days ago we picked up a woman who honed in on our End Times discussion with the driver.  She started rebutting everything we said until I told her "I got my information directly from the Bible.  I don't allow people to tell me what the Bible says.  I don't let other people tell me what to think."    It was so cool, I felt like God was putting the words in my mouth.  I said a little more and stopped.  She left us alone. 

She tried to give me "the literature" when I got off and I shook my head, saying nothing.  "Why won't you take it?"  I gave her my "False Prophets from Hell" speaking look, and she acted all injured as she put it away. 

Actually, the JW's have taught me some important things.  If someone says no, accept that.  Don't keep pestering them - they said NO. 

Second, when they say no (and the majority do), don't take it personal.  Don't get an attitude or try to lay a guilt trip on the recipient.  It just pisses them off. 

When doing a Handout, I make a joke out of "disappointment".  I make an exaggerated sad face sometimes, then I grin, wave, and move on.  It's clear I am kidding. 

They are not. 

No comments: