Friday, January 24, 2014

He's Dead!

I generally don't like to post my schedule, or my neighors'.  I have to wonder if the guys who robbed us might have read the blog, but from what my neighbor saw I doubt it.  My neighbors' business is theirs, not mine to post. 

Unless of course someone's house burns down and I'm trying to get some donations.  I could see that (happily no one has). 

I was disappointed.  If you read my next post it's about a woman on life support.  Most people agree with "the family" in the article.  I think, if you do agree, it's a huge step forward towards medical care restrictions, death panels, and eugenics. 

Admittedly I have a "dog" in the ring, if you can call Ron that!  [laugh]  11 years ago "the professionals" were very eager to terminate Ron's life support.  Even after he was off the ventilator (he improved so much he only "needed" it for 2 days...

Funny story on that.  When they took Ron off the ventilator, he's breathing on his own, still comatose.  But when I told people their first reaction was OH HE'S DEAD!  [face palm]  No. 

So, even after he's off "the vent" the professionals are strongly discouraging any kind of action with Ron because "He'll have a bad outcome anyway".  Uh.  He just sent back a book on physics, having read and understood the whole thing.  He keeps the books for our business and manages all the household expenses (good thing - I got the water turned off one time).

Ron, by any standard, has made a spectacular recovery; but none of it would have happened if I'd listened to them.   I'm very stubborn. 

That said, both Ron and I have a policy of no extreme measures.  I have enough problems of my own, so does Ron - but we arrived at this decision on our own.  I think it should be left up to the individual. 

So, today Ron gave me a "snow day". 
1.  The traffic was insane. 
2.  Frozen, literally, most of the day.  Have I mentioned how we have to wait outside on our rides? 
3.  The other vendor was there... which leads me to the first paragraph. 

I don't normally share my schedule, or others', but the other vendor goes to work Monday and Friday, about 5-10.  Since [taking my time with an adjective] the other guy is waging a bit of a vendetta over literally nothing (we asked them to clean up after several complaints), it's easier to avoid them altogether. 

We normally avoid those days at work, at least in the morning.  The ice made the case a little more compelling.  Finally, Metrolift issued an advisory - "life sustaining only" - meaning, if you aren't on chemo or dialysis, you're staying home. 

I wonder how the group homes for the delayed handled that one. 

When I went to bed, I thought "I can't recall the last time I just slept in".  It seems we've been so busy I'm running around even on my days off. 

I slept in until 6, went back to bed, and woke up at 8 AM.  Outside looked pretty much the same.  All the weeds in the garden beds are d-e-a-d.  It's been a nice, quiet, day at home. 

I bought some glucosamine cat treats online, for Torbie.  I got some supplements for us.  So much for fun money, it basically bought me "broccoli".  I do have a little left if I find something fun. 

It's funny - it is so very quiet.  No school buses (they closed our district).  No outside noise at all (it does remind me of my childhood snow days).  I bet the city buses are all empty, too. 

We'll have some more cold weather coming, so I have my cold weather bag all set up.  I'll bring that the next time we go to work. 

That wool blanket was AWESOME yesterday. 

No comments: