Monday, January 27, 2014

"Oh No!"

Ron had a paratransit dispatcher sputtering today. 

Each client is issued a number.  The client calls in to find out about their rides.  They can use an automated system or talk to a real person.  The automated system is faster. 

*Important note* the client can also make their own rides from a list of their top 20 destinations.  Ron usually does this.  Fewer mistakes. 

We had a pretty simple day today.  I got to sleep in and got up at 8.  I showered, did my God time, and watched the weather.  We may get some snow tonight; a big deal for Houston. 

We had snow back in 2009.  We also had snow in 2004; but in 2009 I was actually out riding the bus .  I was out there for hours.  I forgot that snow is wet, and I needed to waterproof my long coat for the future (I have the stuff, but I never got around to doing the coat). 

Anyway, it looks like we may get some.  I'd like to see it.  I know the kids would love it.  Drivers, not so much. 

Which brings me to this: when Ron called the information line they had an automated recording saying they would only do dialysis, infusions, and surgery appointments only.  Ron was feeling naughty.  Egged on by me, he scheduled several of the longest trips possible. 

In a wheelchair. 

Then he called to "check on my trips".  The dispatcher was so outraged and upset, until Ron started laughing!  They had a great time laughing together until he hung up. 

"Make sure the other dispatchers see my trips before you delete them!" 

No comments: