Saturday, September 15, 2007

They love it when they see us working weekends!

Yesterday I got paid. Yay! This morning, I went to Walmart. Spent a total of $40. Wow. That's a huge change from the old days. They didn't have my Cherry Cola Diet Rite but that's OK, I still have plenty. We came home and I put up my groceries. I managed to drop some breakfast on my T-shirt so I was glad I could come home and change, as I was changing I dropped something on my shorts and changed them too. You know me, "I'm so glad this happened at home!"

We got great drivers today, all of them were a treat who enjoyed having us on board. We went to work with "Mr. Mumbles" who mumbles almost everything. The stuff we do understand is very funny. He's a very skilled driver and a genuinely nice guy.

As we headed into work, we saw a lot of pleased expressions and happy smiles. They love it when they see us working weekends! We came in just for them! The snack machines looked good, so I helped Ron with change banks (filling them up with dimes and nickels, and telling the computer they've been filled). I told Ron yesterday, "Nothing good on Sci-fi today, you need to go in, I'll go with you!" We had about an hour and a half. Ron needed to take care of the sodas and the food machines. I helped him with the above and did some soda stocking and fetching.

Then, it was off to Burger King! I really enjoy eating there, it's relatively cheap and it's charbroiled beef! MMMmmm.

By the time we got home I was beat. I was so happy to come home and flop. Which I did. Now I need to eat something and take my pills.

I tracked my UPS package to Kansas, they say I'll get my patterns on Tuesday. I don't see myself as a very patient person but I think I'm getting a lot better. I'll sure have fun when they do come.

I want to do something new. I don't know what, but I want it to be new, different, not too hard, and interesting. I'm tired of this, tired of that, feeling kind of whiny in regards to my current works in progress:
Happy the knitted afghan, all garter stitch, all of the time, will be 60 inches square when done.
Dad's hat, going well...but I've done a lot of hats.
Fall Colors shawl/wrap. It's glorious but I am SO SICK OF IT. On the one hand, I want to put it up for a couple of months, on the other, I want it DONE by the time the cold weather hits. AAAGH.

I should add "And relatively quick" to my want-list for my next project. I'll figure it out. I still want to try out that "Feather Lace" on some scrap yarn. I have some gorgeous laceweight when I'm ready to start something new.

I did see some fun, not screamingly difficult shawl patterns at the Blackberry Ridge website. I plan to order 2 of them once today's deposit goes through. Knitpicks, some of the new Harmony interchangeable needle tips and cables. When my knitting patterns arrive, I might get some yarn from Knitpicks for whatever I decide to start.

We'll see.

No comments: