Thursday, September 13, 2007

A good day to thank God!

Someone prayed hard. The hurricane that was headed straight for Houston is now headed for drought-stricken Alabama. It just - turned. God did it! I'm very appreciative today and THANK YOU, LORD. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It could have been awful, with millions in property damage, deaths, and millions of square yards of ruined carpet stacked at the curb due to flooding. Thank you!

I'm also grateful on an even more selfish note. Yesterday I ate something that wasn't chocolate, and didn't really give me headaches, but might. I forgot that it was the very worst week of the month to do so - my headaches have a very strong hormonal connection (ie menstrual migraines). Today, I woke up with an awful headache, almost a migraine. I ate my pudding cup and took rapid-release (can I spell it? can I?) aceitominaphen (close enough). When I got to work, I took my lithium. Bad headache today... I was able to work but the pound, pound, pound was really awful. I got the dumpster (crushed all the trash down, drove it 1/4 mile to the dumpster, flipped it over, dumped it out, ran a compaction cycle, brought it back). I helped Ron with a nasty coin jam.

Hey, if it looks like a "funny" coin in some way, the machine won't like it either and you'll be out your money AND your snack. So, I found the culprit. Later, the coffee machine went down, I fixed that. I had the manual in one hand before it dawned on me to clear out the error messages, sure enough, it was fine. Gave away samples of the new cookie, it is a runaway hit. 3 different people all started doing the "Mm, mmmm!" thing as they ate it. I filled up 2 coils with that rascal.

I also did chips, the candy bars are still good. Then time to go, called Mom, told her we lived, waved Metrolift in, got home, curled into a ball after drinking some Pepto (love that stuff!), and managed to fall asleep with an ice bag (love that too!) on my head. I had weird dreams about ninjas who ran a temple/day old bread/herb shop/clothing store. The dream featured a few zombies, too. Typical migraine dreams.

I woke up once, still felt awful, woke up about 10 minutes ago, no pain. Thank you thank you thank you thank you Lord! UGH.

I hope I learned my lesson. I'm on God's "Aversion Therapy" diet. Everything I love that makes me fat, now gives me a migraine. It works. Eventually. I hope I've been stupid enough.

For my birthday, it looks like my big treat will be a slice of sugar free apple pie at Cracker Barrel. I don't have problems with that. Hey, I am losing weight.

THANKS AGAIN, LORD!

No comments: