Sunday, September 23, 2007

Escape to reality

Ron was just listening to some classic rock. He had Queen's "Mama" playing.

"Escape from reality" It really stopped me for a minute. I've heard the song dozens of times at least, but at that very moment, I thought "Escaping from reality is the last thing I'd ever do."

I talked to Mom and Dad yesterday, and my sister today. I talked to my aunt Friday and dozens of postal workers over the last couple days. They all like me. My family loves me. My cards show words like "Joy to know" and "love to hear from you".

That's new. Trust me, that's new. The place I used to live was grim and terrible. If I wasn't suicidal, I was compelled to spend, talk, and act in ways that are totally unlike "me". Thank God I escaped to reality. I don't want to leave reality. I never want to leave.

It's a beautiful and wonderful place, filled with warm and caring people. Joy and happiness are all around me. I'm liked and appreciated for who I really am. I'm a valued and productive member of society.

So I get tired. I get foggy thinking. I get headaches. It's a small price to pay.

No comments: