Thursday, September 27, 2007

I finished Dad's hat!

Last night, I finished Dad's hat. I was on the loading dock Tuesday, working on it, and waiting on my milk man. A couple of guys came by and admired the hat. Ron likes it. The other vendor likes it "That's really nice, Heather." So, hopefully, Dad will like it too. It was a fun project. I just need to give it a bath in some Eucalan and dry it on the foam head sitting on my bookcase. I plan to send them a goodie box in a week or two when they come back from vacation.

The electrician just left. Our "Ground wire was loose" so he fixed it. The built-in microwave works the way it should, and we don't have to worry about the house burning down. Yay. He was really reasonable, too.

We had a nice time chatting with him while he worked, and he told me he really liked Ron. Ron's pretty hard not to like.

I got a decent night's sleep and we'll be going to Burger King soon. Tasty.

I was working on Lite Brite this morning, I enjoy it, I think, but I really need to get some circulars. Ugh. I can't stand using straight needles - they don't support the weight of the project the way circulars do. My birthday check cleared; I get paid Friday. Between the two (and the fact that the Knitpicks Harmony wood tips in size 8 ought to be in stock by then), I can afford to get a few sets of size 8 tips.

I've been thinking about the vest project. What do I want to make? Do I even want to make a vest? Will I wear it? Will it wear well, or fall apart? How do I balance itchiness/durability vs Softness/more delicate? Do I get acrylics, or wool? These questions have been running around in my head for a while.

On the positive side, I saw Fall Colors (3/4 completed shawl) today and I didn't want to run screaming. Maybe I'll be up to finishing it in a few weeks.

For now, I'm working on Happy (the garter stitch afghan). I got my 60 inch cables for the interchangable needle system (Knitpicks Options). Oh, I LOVE it. It is so much fun to work without it being all bunched up on the needle. I can actually finish a row and drape it over Ron (I love it, but don't make me one - Ron), garnering admiring compliments. It's happy and fun and a little bit awkward to tote around, but I'm managing.

Soon, I'll be eating a delicious hamburger. I can't think of any food I enjoy more than a Burger King Stacker, no sauce.

No comments: