Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I like to think I'm a good fan..

Today, it's all happy stuff. I got 2 very nice emails and a phone call I want to tell you about.

First off, this weekend I discovered Spincraft Patterns (http://spincraftpatterns.com/index.php) So interesting, so fun! So, I ordered a lot. Don't worry, I didn't toast my budget.

I have a policy of appreciation. If I really enjoy something, I try to let the person responsible know I loved it. So when I checked out, I mentioned that if she (Connie) ever publishes a book I'd be the first one to buy it. She emailed me. She's going to look for a publisher! YAY!

That really rocked. It got better, though. Sharon Turner from (http://www.monkeysuits.com) wrote a wonderful book: Teach Yourself Visually Knitting Design. I love it. I'm a new knitter. I can knit and purl, increase, decrease, lace, and cables, but I hate trying to get my gauge to match the gauge of the pattern! Hate it! She has patterns where you find your gauge, and then match your pattern to your gauge and size. How cool!

Thanks to TYVKD, I plan to make my next vest out of my very own homespun (a lovely Perendale-Corriedale twist). My gauge, exactly 3 st per inch. And there's the pattern! Yeeeha! I sent her an email and she said "Thank you" too. Now we're both happy.

I mean, I'm a writer, that's why I've got 90-some posts. They busted their tails to get these things done. The least anyone can do is say "I love your work, I can't wait to see more!"

Now onto Paradise Fibers. I cannot say enough nice things about them. Today I had to talk to Laurel about a (small) order - the Spincraft Patterns. [I also ordered some yak. I plan to spin and ply it with the camel so I have a "Yamel" hat, scarf, or gloves.] Anyway, I called her back and we got it sorted out, and while I was at it I added a few more items. No problem! They are always so wonderful and warm whenever we call (Ron called in my birthday present to them). I wish I could be as good to my customers.

My gray twist vest (Carbon Twist from Knitpicks) is going well. I enjoy looking at the yarn. I finally got a good cast-on edge for the ribbing. I'm happy with the sizing and all. It's nice and soft, but has some Corriedale (again!) for durability.

Once I finish the gray vest, I can hardly wait to get spinning up my yarn for the "Homespun" vest. I may start early when I need a break from knitting.

No comments: