Tuesday, September 11, 2007

MOnday was a bad day

I'm an optimist. The story will have "A Happy ending".

Monday was a hell day. It ended on an even worse note than the rest of the day when I tracked my package from Paradise Fibers (patterns, and 2 ounces of Yak Fiber). It was sent Priority Mail. They claim it was delivered. Oh, I'm sure it was delivered but not to me.

And that's what hurts the most. Not that the substitute mail man was an idiot (incontrovertible), but that whoever got it just threw it out, apparently. They probably opened it, said "Booor-ing" and threw it in the trash.

They had a car. They can see. But they just didn't bother to bring it by. They could have even left the opened package on the chair by the door. I would have felt a little invaded, but I would have at least had my patterns! Now all my eager, happy, expectation has turned to a big lump of disappointment.

I've spent at least $300 with Paradise. They don't make mistakes on the addresses. Good old USPS, at it again. I remember thinking the mail guy looked "wierd" on Saturday, which is when he mis-delivered my package.

Ron is outraged. That mailman will be sporting flames on his butt by the time Ron's done talking to customer service. When he gets home, I'm reading that tracking number off for him, giving him a USPS complaint number, standing back, and letting him "Off the leash". SIC EM!

I thought it was very sweet when he told me it's awful to watch me sad. I reminded him, "Hey, this is the worst thing that's happened to me in a while!" I'm not suicidal, delusional, paranoid, hostile, yak-happy (except for my fiber, WAAAAH!), or any of the rest of that.

Ron's offered to re-order and pay for my order himself. "Just NEVER use USPS again, you know they'll screw it up!". It's sick, you know? They always fill up my mailbox with spam but they can't get me the one thing I do want?

Happy ending, I get it eventually.

It's really hard not to feel disgusted with the USPS and humanity in general (whoever threw away my package stole it, in my opinion). Everything I order is getting shipped UPS at least for a long while.

At work, I remember looking around at 17 acres of equipment, thinking, "Wow, they get it all right. Amazing."

I don't feel that way today.

No comments: