Saturday, September 1, 2007

A lesson for both of us

I'm still running a little manic today but I slept OK last night, got in a good nap today, so I'm fine. I just feel a little chatty and spendy, is all.

This morning we went to Sam's Club to buy muffins. We sell the Otis Spunkmeyer variety pack, 3 flavors. All the flavors are popular. I bought myself some "Cheesy Butts" (so named by me because that's where they end up). I mentioned that to the Greeter/receipt checker and the policeman working security next to her snorted with laughter.

While waiting, and waiting on Metrolift, Ron tried to tell me something. I just didn't get it. We were planning the next days' trip and he was trying to explain it. I didn't get it and told him so. He tried again. I still didn't get it, and told him so. He got angry at God and started ranting at God.

I thought "Gee, he doesn't have to be so hateful. It's not like I want to be brain damaged, bipolar, and goofy from my medication! I don't want this, it's hard to admit my 'deficiencies' and here Ron is pouring salt in the wound! It just isn't right, Lord." I just did my knitting though and didn't say anything. I did ask God to show Ron he didn't have to be ugly.

We got picked up by a nice driver who knows us. He had another pickup before he'd drop us off. No problem. As soon as he parks the cab, the client, who uses a wheelchair, started raving about how he wouldn't wear the seatbelt (a seatbelt you use when you're in a wheelchair). The driver had to call dispatch, the client is screaming TRULY hateful profanities, and Ron and I are mute with shock and horror. I'm just aghast. Just because the guy's in a wheelchair (he had that Vietnam vet look to him) doesn't mean he gets to crap all over every other person in the world. Hell, everyone riding Metrolift has something seriously wrong with them!

Ron and I each took away a different lesson from the experience. Ron saw that man and resolved not to act like him, ever, and have a better attitude. I saw that man and realized that while Ron's rough around the edges, he could be a LOT worse. I hope we never ride with him again. He was truly hateful. Ron's just curmudgeonly.

No comments: