Monday, September 24, 2007

Ron's complaint

Ugh. Ron's in a nasty mood right now. Complaining about my housekeeping, complaining about other things, and stomping around muttering curses under his breath. Yuck.

First of all, the housekeeping thing is in "My" area of the house. [Here he comes, muttering the f-word under his breath.] I'll listen to your input but I've got a lot of things to manage {Ron wants to know what God would do if Ron "quit"}, and clearing off a counter on one side of the kitchen is not a huge priority when I've got to take care of both of us. For instance, his shirt is filthy. Probably the pants too. I have to tell him to remove them so I can wash them, dry them, and hang them up the "right" way. [rolleyes - freezer door slams as he gets some ice cubes for a hard "drink"]

I'm not saying his life is easy. I'm not saying he doesn't have a valid complaint. I'm just saying, in the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter. Am I a good, loving wife? Do I make sure we have food to eat and clean clothes? Lots of toilet paper? Do I make sure the cats have food to eat, fresh water, and medication? Didn't I offer to go outside and help with yardwork today? Would you rather I did that, or cleaned off the counter? I've been so tired I haven't even washed my sheets. My allergies are killing me as a result, but I'm still so damn tired. I'm so tired I don't even want to fight, Ron just gave up after telling me how to run my life for a while. I don't complain about that. I don't make it his problem. No, I offer to help him with the yardwork.

Agh. Marriage isn't easy. I like to think I'm more mellow, and better able to see his point of view, but I feel like all the accomodations go one way only - me to him. All the complaining and bad energy go one way - him to me.

He just "Ordered" me to clean off the counter. I told him no. Now he is marching around with a garbage bag, "I'm sick of living with a broken bitch". etc. And worse.

"Do I see what living with me does to a person?"

No comments: