Monday, September 10, 2007

Will this day ever end?

We got home from work, we each took a nap. Ron woke up. We haven't had a long enough day, let's do bookeeping! I say OK. We work on last month's payouts.

I check the mail. NOTHING except the stupid quarterly sales tax (give us your money!) form we need to fill out next month and mail along with our "protection money". I'm reminding myself, no payroll tax in Texas. Count your blessings, Heather.

Then, it's "Let's mow the backyard". I check for bugs and spiders. It seems OK. I mow half the backyard. I'm wringing with sweat, very dizzy, but not complaining. Ron says "It's too hot, let's finish tomorrow".

Then he goes out an hour ago and plays he-man. He's gonna mow it himself. I was already undressed, mosquitoes love me, and I SAID I would do it tomorrow. No one can see in our backyard unless you are a snooping neighbor, climbing on something to see over the fence. I don't care about HER anyway because she left a ripped open bag of garbage (dogs got it, I guess) all over her yard for 3 days before picking it up. Like I care about her opinion after that! That is just NASTY and I would never do that. If she weren't a renter I'd have taken pictures and mailed them to the homeowner association. Both the renters living there both had a very lazy attitude towards upkeep and keeping the deed restrictions.

Anyway, it sounds like he's stopping. But it's like, stop. Dude, why are you martyring yourself? For the nasty, nosy next-door neighbor (I will say this, she hasn't threatened to kill the cat like the homeowner's wife did)? God only knows. But it's late and I want to go to bed and so do the neighbors. If someone else had done this last night I would be having fits.

I try to log on. AOL says "You don't exist!". AAAAAH. Obviously I got it fixed.

Happier subjects: I finished spinning, plying, and setting the black Welsh/brown Corridale yarn. It's drying on the bookcase right now. The next "twist" will be brown Corriedale/fawn Corriedale (kind of a very light beige). I think it'll be great.

I am trying to figure out what to make after I finish my fall colors shawl. It will be complete in the next couple weeks. Something bluish. The warm fall colors have been great but I am aching for something in a nice purply-blue. Leg warmers?

I want something sure-fire, easy, and portable. That, for me, eliminates a lot. I don't want to do another Feather and Fan just yet, but I have some ideas for the future. I found a lace pattern. It is called f*aggot feather (lace). Now in lace the f-word refers to holes in the fabric. Not sexual orientation. I don't have a problem with homosexuals, I just don't get the appeal. And it's not in the Bible. But other than that, we're all sinners, so I try to be a loving beacon for God. It's His job to judge, not mine. You can tell I'm tired, huh?

Anyway, the lace. It's perfect for me, in that in only has knits, purls, purl 2 together, and yarn overs. I already have those down from the Feather and Fan. Right now, I don't want any challenges. I want something fun, doable, a little interesting, but no major nightmares or hair-pulling. So the "Feather Lace" as I will term it from now on.

After I finish Dad's hat (when the yarn comes, waaaah!), and the shawl. I think I'll make myself a scarf. Then, a vest for me. I can use that this winter. I'm not into the head covering thing. That's not me at all. Unless it's a nice ribbed wool hat for winter.

No comments: