Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Things I don't like or care for

Quiliting. I don't get it. I was very interested for a while in my teens, but now I'm not. I was able to pass up all the 99 cent quilting magazines (except for one that had some interesting color combinations I wanted to examine). They had literally boxes of the things.

Mosaic knitting. Ick. NOT my thing at all. It does not resonate with me at all.

Making sweaters. I may make the Spincraft Saddle Shoulder textured cardigan in a cotton-wool blend (or maybe even one in cotton/wool, one in wool). It's the only sweater pattern I've ever wanted to "marry". Every other sweater? Nah. I live in Houston, we're more of a "Vest" town unless the global climate ice age people are right. Then I'll have my Spincraft pattern, anyway.

Getting new cabinets or countertops. What we've got, works. Why go ripping it all up and spending lot$ of money? If we won a contest or something I'd change them but I'm not interested in "investing" in "better" stuff. The only thing I want to change - we have the wrong drywall in the bathroom, behind the tile. Some studs are in iffy shape. So, I'd spend my money to fix all that up and get it done right, slap in a "Bathfitter" plastic enclosure with some shelves and grab bars, maybe a fold-down bench, but that's it. Because we NEED it.

Driving. To me, getting in my car to drive is like you getting in your spaceship to fly off to Jupiter. It's that inconceivable. Sure, public transit is a pain. It's aggravating in severe weather. But it's CHEAP. I can work part-time and live a decent life (and with my disabilities, I need to work part-time).

Pity parties. I can't stand them. Cry, grieve, mourn. But don't do it for decades, and don't expect that you get a free pass to treat everyone like crap in the meantime.

That's it.

No comments: