Monday, September 10, 2007

An I'm-not-Manic Monday

Well, Ron and I made up. "I was mainly angry at God." OK.

It's a good thing we did, today was a tempest! The cat brought home a flying, noisy insect in the middle of the night... through the cat door. It woke us up. We had to get up at 3 AM. We had a good ride to work with a really nice driver. Our Vistar (junk food) guy was late.

Ron discovered a coin jam in the soda machine that has the bad validator. Dr Pepper couldn't come out today. I had to help Ron with the Coin Jam. We had a lot of unhappy people due to the coin jam and all of them wanted to tell us that the machine was down. If only they'd tell us when the machine is running the "Buy one, get one free" promotion! That, we have to discover for ourselves! So, hectic. Thank God I take my Lithium. No candy in the machines - it's like they were imprisoned with my snack machines or something and literally ate them down to the coils!

The only thing that hadn't sold? My "Sweet Onion Chips". I stocked all the good stuff I DO have and the chips looked pretty good. I still need to stock my new cookies and some crackers. I stocked the few candy bars I did have, but I told Ron "Urgent! Need candy bars!". Someone (nicely) reminded me to stock the Fisher chocolate covered peanuts so I got them too.

We went to Sam's club after work, the driver was late (out in the hot humid sun for an hour). He was "speedy" - a guy who drives in a very fast, erratic, jerky manner that's guaranteed to make me queasy (and I don't get carsick). He doesn't listen to directions, he likes to play explorer and go his own way (always 3 times as long). He's not a bad guy, but I'm glad we only get him a few times a year!

Before I got the candy, though, I had to eat. My stomach was a roiling mess of acid and nausea. I almost cried for joy when I saw the pizza ready. Ron and I each got a combo and I thanked the deli lady profusely "I've been having a crazy day, I really needed this! Thank you!"

I got the candy bars and stuffed them into my candy box. We didn't know yesterday that we'd need candy today, so the candy went home with us. The few candy items that don't have chocolate or peanuts have artificial colors. Ha. A box full of migraines!

We brought the migraines home (the driver is a really nice guy we know well) and collapsed. I took a nap for a couple of hours, Ron is still out.

I hope my boxes come today. I could use it.

Oh, and Knitpicks has introduced a really awesome line of wood needles and tips for their interchangable needles. I am so excited. I definitely want to get at least some size 8 tips this weekend when I get paid.

No comments: