Friday, September 28, 2007

Minus - Ebay

Sometimes I get an email from Paypal, or someone claiming to be Paypal. When I do Froogle searches (if you want to buy something, you can go to froogle.com and find the beast faster) I always modify the search for - (minus) ebay. No ebay. Of course, a lot of times Froogle doesn't listen, and I get the links anyway.

I have reached the conclusion that for me, Ebay is very dangerous. If I'm even a little bit manic for something (say lace knitting patterns and needles) I can find dozens of "Buy it Now!" links just waiting for my mouse click. It took me years before I started my online debit account (for stores) because I simply didn't trust myself.

Bipolar? Spending sprees! I hate being a cliche.

Yet it's true.

My medication helps tremendously but why punish myself? I hated the "Oh, God. I got paid 2 days ago! Where is it? Where is my money!" I really hated it. I used to dread counting my money because I literally couldn't hold onto it.

I can go to Walmart and spend $28 (like I did today, and about five of it was cat treats Ron requested). I can have a birthday check in my fun money account and tell my husband "I want to get something good, not just little dribs and drabs." I haven't touched it yet, I'm still considering.

I love that I can see my doctor in 2 weeks and pay with my debit card, instead of cash (which freaks them out). I like having deposit tickets instead of checks. I like being the master of my spending, not the victim.

You couldn't pay me to use Ebay. It's like asking a drunk to work in a bar. If I can't find it at an online store, I'm not buying it.

No comments: