Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The cats made kittens, or would have if they weren't fixed

First things first, Ron was very nice to me the day after our fight. He realized he didn't act properly. Once he finished apologizing, I told him my "Tuesday afternoon cleanup" idea. It seems like he loved the idea overall, but a part of him still wishes he didn't HAVE to tell me what he would like organized. Anyway, I think it'll be good for us overall. "Yelling at you for being disorganized is like yelling at me for being blind." He does get it. I don't want this, and I'll do what I can to give him what he needs.

Yesterday was good from what I remember. A little busy, but not bad. Today, we got up at 6 am to go get the Dr Pepper order (we had about 80 cases). We got a nice straight trip with a wonderful driver, and we got to ride in a Chrysler 300. Nice ride! It was a "Luxury" cab. Like the driver said, she only lives once and she really wanted it. She was a wonderful woman and I was thrilled to arrive in a nice ride. Normally, we get either a white "Short bus", a Ford Windstar, or a Dodge Ram SR5 minivan. Very rarely we'll ride in a sedan cab, a basic 4-door model. Once, we got to ride in a nice SUV.

So, we got out and went into work. Got the soda. Everything was good except it was stacked too high for Ron. I was really tired (cats howling outside the window, I think they made kittens last night, or would have if they weren't fixed), but I wasn't dizzy. Normally I can't do a lot of lifting or exertion with a sudden stop or I get really dizzy. Today, I wasn't having that problem so I helped Ron get the sodas down. Because of his stroke, his right arm is totally useless once you get it above shoulder level. I took down over half the pallet of soda, rotated the older stock, and stocked the new soda first, old soda on top. It's called FIFO - first in, first out. By the time I got dizzy, all the wierd layers (3 sodas to a layer, mixed layers) were all put away. I was able to tell Ron, this layer is 7UP, this is Diet Dr, these are Dr. Easy for him.

Snacks didn't need much work, so then I helped Ron put away sandwiches and sodas. I was a lot of help today, he said, and I don't remember what-all I did.

Pickup time arrives and I'm out there. We got a really nice driver who took us to the bank. Ron needed to make a deposit. We did that. Roderick, our favorite teller since Robin moved, was back. He'd eaten some bad sushi on Sunday.

Our next driver was early but we didn't complain, we basically got a straight trip to Walmart. Yay! I finally deposited my birthday check. Ron found out, surprise, they cancelled his appointment. It looked like we'd be stuck at Walmart for almost 4 hours, waiting to be picked up.

UGH. I was so tired I wanted to cry. I ate my burgers and took my Lithium while Ron promised he'd get me home as soon as he could.

"Yeah, right." I thought. I bought a few things I needed and checked out. I headed over to the bench where I leave Ron.

The guy who brought us to Walmart was waiting to take us home! A STRAIGHT TRIP. Oh, what a gift from God.

I came home, collapsed, and just now woke up. I needed that nap. I still feel dead.

Speaking of dead, our microwave outlet is out. It's not the microwave, it's the outlet. Ron checked and it has current going to the outlet. I asked Ron, could we just change out the outlet? He says no, he wants an electrician. I understand but I hate the idea of paying someone hundreds of dollars to do a 10 minute job.

Hopefully, Ron thinks, we can get someone out soon. Neither of us feels easy sleeping with a bad outlet in the house.

No comments: