Friday, September 28, 2007

I was right.

A couple days ago, I mentioned that Ron's "Love Language" (I've never read the book), seems to be "actions". He really feels loved when I do things, like mowing the yard or some housekeeping thing. When I do them, he heaps praise on me and thanks me repeatedly.

Well, being a normal human woman I like that. Me, I'm more of a cuddler. He was rubbing my back today while we waited on Metrolift and it was wonderful, totally G rated. I also like hearing about how wonderful I am. [sticking my tongue out]

I even asked him. He agreed. He feels loved when I help him with "cleanup" things. We've already designated a couple days a week so that ought to help us both. I can literally look at a cluttered room and not see it. I have no idea how I'm different from average but I know that's a part of it.

I told him he might want to get the book. I was completely impressed when he read "Men are from Mars...." He even has his very own "Man cave". It's pretty funny to see him and the two cats stretched out and napping.

Anyway, I'm glad I talked to him. I venture to say we won't fight as much about all this. He's a good husband, and I love him. I want to keep things that way.

No comments: