Wednesday, September 12, 2007

See, it always gets better!

I knew things had to improve, not that they were that awful to begin with. Last night I had a nightmare I lost Ron - horrible. I woke up and just stood near him, listening to him snore until I felt better.

Ugh. Something happens to him, you might as well put me down, too. I finally went back to sleep. I dreamed of happy cats. I didn't understand until I rolled over in bed. Frosty the snow-cat was asleep next to my pillow. He was so precious I fixed him a num-num (Walmart's Special Kitty brand Tuna and Shrimp canned food, on a foam plate) before I even brushed my teeth.

We went to Walmart, had a good ride with a great driver. Ate some breakfast, got a cart, started shopping. OOH! Look! A cable-knit zippered, hooded, cardigan in dark gray cotton! How much? $14! Sold! Of course that would have wiped out my budget, so I called Ron on my cell phone (I leave him by the door, sitting on the bench). Can I get an advance? Why? I told him. He told me to just put it on his debit card (I had it to pay for the prescriptions). Alright! I'll thank him every time I wear it.

I went over to the soda section, 2 more cases of Cherry Cola Diet Rite. Tasty! Got my pills, they are so nice, I just love them to death over there at the pharmacy. By now my morning meds were starting to make me goofy so I got the cat treats and got in line. Whoops. Forgot the pudding! Got out of line, got the pudding, checked out.

Our ride was on time, but the other client wore way too much cologne. He was pretty vile, it was so strong you could taste it. Ron opened our window and I asked the driver to put on the fan. We got rid of the other guy, yay! Time to go home. I was very spacey by now - the driver offered to help me off the van. Normally, they don't do that!

I was so tired I went straight back to bed. Nap time! And look, there's a precious boy come to cuddle! Frosty! We had a good nap, then I was awakened by my favorite sound in the world, the package hitting the porch and the doorbell!

I tore into my Knitpicks goodies (now I can make Dad's hat!). I love the Wool of the Andes Bulky - it's so plush, cozy, and vibrant. Their circular needles are awesome, I feel like I'm knitting with a Lamborghini. The "Wheat" and "Mulled Wine" Wool of the Andes yarns are perfect together, just like I'd hoped. I see legwarmers and lacy scarves...I got some more interchangable components, (Love the options system!), and the yarn I got as my just in case ball (in case I run out) is even the same dye lot as the other skeins. Phew! Happy, happy, day.

Paradise has ALREADY shipped my replacement order. UPS! Ron called the supervisor at our Post Office station and explained everything, he had the guy laughing. I feel confident they'll find out what happened to my order eventually. I'm not screaming, demanding money, I'm just asking "What happened? Don't let it happen again, please!"

Now we have a tropical storm off the coast, headed north, should hit sometime tonight. Tomorrow, unless the flooding is awful, we'll be at work stocking the machines. I'm glad I put in all that candy yesterday.

No comments: