Friday, August 2, 2013

I mention vienna sausage 4 times

I declined a lizard head, and ran away from a brownie display. 

Yesterday was pretty busy, we ran to two grocery stores, one for meat, one for vegetables (the meat store does not use chemicals in the meat and they will custom pack, for very low prices; the vegetable store has really good quality vegetables but the meat in the carbon dioxide packaging). 

We also took Ron to the doctor.  I told the doctor I believe his legs are slow to heal due to a low protien intake.  "Ron thinks a bag of peanuts is a good dinner".  Doc lectured him on proper nutrition, and I got Ron to agree to drink some protein shakes (his protein intake is abysmal, which of course leads to poor wound healing). 

I didn't even get a nap and went to bed exhausted.  I slept pretty well. 

Torbie has been getting into my bed in the middle of the night and sleeping with me.  I always like that.  She stretches out for hours, then gets up and leaves a few hours before I get up. 

I'm manic.  I feel pressured, driven to talk and spend.  I have a hard time keeping my thoughts straight, and this is medicated.  Wow. 

A lot of "civilians" think I just need to take "the right thing or the right dose" and I will have no symptoms.  There's a word for that... WRONG.  Everything I have read, and my own doctor with over 40 years' clinical experience, say "We can take the edge off the highs and lows, but you will still cycle".  "We" got rid of the suicidal, and the mixed.   "We" turned the volume way down on my manias and depressions.  I can live with what's left. 

So, back to my life: I slept well and got up on time.  I did hit the snooze a few times but I'm OK with that. 

I did my God Time later; I had to finish the laundry while the house was cool.  Ron does not want me running the dryer when it's hot, which is pretty much anytime I'm awake.  I got the clothes out and hung, made sure Ron looked OK, and ready to go. 

I'd already had my shower and all.  Not a problem when I'm manic. 

So, I packed a lunch because we had a long day, and made sure I had a couple cans of vienna sausage.  I don't love them, but they are filling - essentially meat in a can, and full of sodium, which I need taking lithium. 

Huh.  Baby Girl was lying near me for hours, but when I started playing Queen she left.  Funny girl. 

So.  First, we went to work.  We had a lot of stuff, a wheelchair, and a backpack.  We got all that loaded and off we went. 

We got everything stocked and made sure the machines looked really good, then off to our next ride; 1900 Main - Metro Headquarters.  They are the headquarters for Metro-everything, Metrolift, Metro Bus, etc. 

We can only buy the yearly pass at the "ridestore".  We had good rides to and from. 

I did get a little drooly when I saw a waffle truck at the college campus.  It looked really good.  It was a foodservice truck that sold waffles (U of H campus, the main one).   Ron and I took turns telling each other what disgusting things were on, and in, the waffles (no one else could hear us).  It worked. 

It always takes forever to get the yearly pass.  Nothing different today.  The first one "didn't work".  Hm. 

After we finished I put Ron in the lobby, which is crawling with customer service people.  I think they do it to keep the "bums" out, a lot of scary homeless in that area downtown.  The Metro "helpers" keep them run off. 

I had a look at the deli and literally ran out after seeing a huge display of brownies, and NOTHING low carb.  Baby Girl brought me a lizard head this morning, but I told her no thanks and she ate it.  I'd rather eat a lizard head than a brownie right about now. 

I am planning a "less than 100 g carbs" cheat day once every two months, which will line up nicely with my birthday.  Will I do it?  Probably not.  But I can at least have the option and tell myself that when I'm tempted "between". 

I ended up eating my greek yogurt (I'd already had some vienna sausage at work), a cheese stick, and one of those little cans of V8 I'd bought at the grocery store.  I felt very virtuous.  I had some pork rinds and other food, but that's all I wanted. 

I've realized, I eat a lot, sitting in front of the TV, because I see food on TV and I'm bored.  I'm only, actually, eating when I'm hungry and I am ignoring some hunger pains until they get loud (enough that a can of vienna sausage sounds really good). 

I am down 8 pounds, in about a week.  That's pretty good. 

But I'm going to need some more vienna sausage. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I start low carb I het a HUGE energy buzz, could you knit or garden a bit?

Heather Knits said...

I'm trying to do food prep, cleaning, organizing, "housewife" stuff. Then I will move onto yardwork. After that, more creative pursuits as I find them. I try to eat my broccoli first.